12/06/06 Arianna'sTower,PartingOfFriends,HillsOfTara,XmasEve

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

12/06/06 Arianna'sTower,PartingOfFriends,HillsOfTara,XmasEve

Post by TonyHiggins »

12/06/06 Gian Marco writes, "Here is another recording of "Arianna's Tower". I made this one playing a Doug Tipple PVC flute."

Lee Stanford writes, "The Parting of Friends is myfavorite aire. Again played on the Dixon Poly flute."

Markus Asunta writes, "Here's the first tunes I dared to record on my recently acquired six-key cocus flute by Tom Aebi.They're a barn dance called Hills of Tara (as far as I know) and the reel Christmas Eve - to celebrate the season. The mp3 compressions will probably swallow away a great deal of the nuances on the flute but hopefully not the humming of the refridgerator, which will be a giveaway of the fact that this is an authentic kitchen recording. So a nice advent for you & everyone else." (saved in flute)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Lee Stanford

Post by Lee Stanford »

I just wanted to say that i think Markus Asunta's performance is nothing short of inspiring. wow! I'm very familiar with the reel "christmas eve" but never heard the "hills of tara"

Thanks for posting!
Markus

Post by Markus »

Why thank you Lee. :)

With feedback like that, I dare to mention that I have more stuff up - with a slightly better bitrate - at www.myspace.com/asuntamarkus
rama
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

Markus wrote:Why thank you Lee. :)

With feedback like that, I dare to mention that I have more stuff up - with a slightly better bitrate - at www.myspace.com/asuntamarkus
love that set of reels, way to go markus!