11/17/06StrwbrryBlossm,MollyFrLongfrd/WiseMd,FrKelly,RtFinga

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

11/17/06StrwbrryBlossm,MollyFrLongfrd/WiseMd,FrKelly,RtFinga

Post by TonyHiggins »

11/17/06 Welcome to Tommy Martin, who writes, "Heres a few tunes for you. The first on whistle is the Strawberry Blossom. (saved in reels) I made the whistle myself. I call them Thornton Whistles after the townland in North County Dublin where I'm from. The reels on the pipes are Molly from Longford and The Wise Maid. Bernie McDonald is on guitar and Eileen Gannon is on the harp." (saved in u-pipes)

Welcome to Butch DeGiorgis, who writes, "I'm from Western Massachusetts and have been lurking around this site since the clips and snips days. I hope this works. This tune I'm sending is Father Kelly's and I play it as a slow reel. I'm playing both whistle parts on a Lon Dubh Blackwood High D."

Jim writes, "Here's our AzUPS installment for November. It's " Return From Fingal" as played by Jason Smith on a Kirk Lynch half set." (saved in u-pipes)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Great stuff Tommy!

For those who are interested and would like to hear more tunes from the same album, Tommy Martin's Shady Woods is well worth purchasing. It reamins one of the few CDs that does not leave the changer of my CD player.