9/14/06GanderInThePratieHole,OdeToJoy,FoxChase,RainyDay

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

9/14/06GanderInThePratieHole,OdeToJoy,FoxChase,RainyDay

Post by TonyHiggins »

09/14/06 Welcome to Jim, who writes, "Here's a short tune " Gander in the Pratie Hole" played by Eric Wilson on a Burke uilleann concert "D" chanter. We are both members of the Arizona Uilleann Pipers Society, a group that meets on a monthly basis to study uilleann pipes and piping. We would like to post this to Clips and Snips primarily so others interested can be directed to the site."

Joey Schumann writes, "'Back in the studio, working on the cd. This is a rough version of "Joyful, Joyful" (or "Ode to Joy") that I put down just to give the drummer an idea of the cadence. I think it's a promising start, though it'll have to be completely redone... Instruments: Yamaha (white plastic) recorder x 2, Knilling violin x 3, Washburn acoustic guitar, Kurweil PC2X keyboard set on "Rock Piano." Recorded with: EMU 1616m sound module, MLK condenser mic (not sure of the model), and Cool Edit Pro. Reverb is "Medium Hall (warm)" preset." (saved in non-whistle)

L42B writes, "Attached is a version of The Fox Chase that I recorded for a music assignment. The version is greatly influenced by the piping of Seamus Ennis and Mikie Smyth." (saved in u-pipes) (1.82 meg file size)

Joseph Smith sends: "The Rainy Day. A reel played with a Joe Kennedy B chanter. Still getting used to B fingers." (saved in u-pipes)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”