8/13/06 HarvHm,BurWife,HillsMhicCaine,Grnmore,BoldD,Firehose

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

8/13/06 HarvHm,BurWife,HillsMhicCaine,Grnmore,BoldD,Firehose

Post by TonyHiggins »

08/13/06 Michael Boling writes, "I've a few more tunes... "Harvest Home" (hornpipe) played on a Dixon tuneable high D "I Buried my Wife" (jig) on a Dixon tuneable high D "The Fresh Hills of Mhic Cainte" (slow air) on a Dixon tuneable Low D "The Hills of Greanmore" (song melody saved in misc) on a Dixon tuneable High D "Bold Doherty" (song melody/misc) on a Dixon tuneable high D I'll have to admit that "I Buried my Wife" sounds a bit rushed - frankly, I was seeing how fast I could play it. Sometimes I just like to see how fast I can go... Also, I learned two of these songs ("The Hills of Greanmore" and "Bold Doherty") from the group Dervish."

Mark Feeney writes, "Here's a reel that for a good while I thought I wrote. The opening bars came to me not from inspiration but as a fragment of "Off in the Morning" from the murky recesses of my memory. Anyway the tune works pretty well even if it's not completely original. Old brass generation in D. I had the name years before from a session at the Australian National Folk Festival in about ' 92. My mate Johnny May asked did I know the name of a tune that was being played and I pointed to the ubiquitous red "Fire Hose Reel" cabinet above the players. It was obviously an automatic tune recognition machine from way back then. Hey who says we're backward in Australia?"
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”