2/20/05 The Nightingale

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

2/20/05 The Nightingale

Post by TonyHiggins »

02/20/05 Jeff Lefferts (bonequint) writes, "I've been working on my concertina mostly, and not doing much whistling, but I just got a C "Professional Model" whistle from Sweetheart, and decided to add a little whistling to a concertina test/practice recording I made. The Sweetheart is an easy-playing whistle, not airy or windy, with a bit of reedy grit to the sound. This is a song air, "The Nightingale," based on a recording by the Dubliners. I didn't notice until learning it that the structure is a bit "crooked" -- there are a few extra measures in there. I'm not sure if that's particular to the Dubliners' version, or if it's generally done that way. My concertina is a C/G Geuns-Wakker anglo." (saved in misc)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”