10/15/05 Cape Clear, Lament for Limerick and A Stor mo Chroi

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

10/15/05 Cape Clear, Lament for Limerick and A Stor mo Chroi

Post by TonyHiggins »

10/15/05 Welcome to Patrick McSweeney, who sends "Cape Clear. Chanter in C by Matt Kiernan, reeded by Daryl McWhirter and played by PJ"

Tony Higgins redoes a couple of slow airs on different whistles than last time (and with more practice time behind me): Lament for Limerick and A Stor mo Chroi. Also, a jig, which will be named as soon as someone identifies it for me. Thank you in advance. It follows in a set with The Rollicking Boys of Tandranagee, which I did recently and I thought this other one followed nicely. I'm playing the airs solo for a church concert while the choir walks in at the beginning and intermission (and the orchestra sits patiently behind me...)

Gary McLarry (viejomc) has a music site with yet more tunes available for your perusal: www.silbealabanza.com
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Pól

Post by Pól »

Boys of Tandragee? For a church session? You do know what that means don't you?
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Pól wrote:Boys of Tandragee? For a church session? You do know what that means don't you?
No, Pól, I have no idea but I am curious. Anyway, I haven't played the jigs at church and have no plans to do so, only the airs.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

I've played a jig in a church, but it was at the end of a wedding and it replaced the wedding march. The Wise Maid, if I recall correctly. It went down well, judging by the priest's toe-tapping. :)
PJ
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I know The Wise maid reel. I didn't know about a jig of that name. I could see something like Fig for a Kiss played slowly working nicely for a wedding march.
Tony
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

I'm a fool. The jig was My Darling Asleep.
PJ