It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:18 pm 

10/15/05 Welcome to Patrick McSweeney, who sends "Cape Clear. Chanter in C by Matt Kiernan, reeded by Daryl McWhirter and played by PJ"

Tony Higgins redoes a couple of slow airs on different whistles than last time (and with more practice time behind me): Lament for Limerick and A Stor mo Chroi. Also, a jig, which will be named as soon as someone identifies it for me. Thank you in advance. It follows in a set with The Rollicking Boys of Tandranagee, which I did recently and I thought this other one followed nicely. I'm playing the airs solo for a church concert while the choir walks in at the beginning and intermission (and the orchestra sits patiently behind me...)

Gary McLarry (viejomc) has a music site with yet more tunes available for your perusal: www.silbealabanza.com

http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:07 pm 

Boys of Tandragee? For a church session? You do know what that means don't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:16 pm 

Pól wrote:
Boys of Tandragee? For a church session? You do know what that means don't you?
No, Pól, I have no idea but I am curious. Anyway, I haven't played the jigs at church and have no plans to do so, only the airs.
Tony

http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:21 am 

I've played a jig in a church, but it was at the end of a wedding and it replaced the wedding march. The Wise Maid, if I recall correctly. It went down well, judging by the priest's toe-tapping. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 am 

I know The Wise maid reel. I didn't know about a jig of that name. I could see something like Fig for a Kiss played slowly working nicely for a wedding march.
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:42 pm 

I'm a fool. The jig was My Darling Asleep.