9/5/05 Seven tunes: Japanese, Argentinian, Irish

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

9/5/05 Seven tunes: Japanese, Argentinian, Irish

Post by TonyHiggins »

09/05/05 Ashley Jones sends: "Instrument; Sweetone/Gen Bb hybrid. Title.Kaigarabushi (Japanese folk melody) Comment; This folk song is a sort of lamentation about a shellpicker who is a long way from home. I found this piece on a shakuhachi CD...and...Instrument; Sweetone/Gen Bb hybrid. Title; Huayra Muyhoj (argentinian melody) Comment; I'm not even sure how to pronounce the title let alone translate its meaning but i loved its jaunty feel enough to learn the piece. (saved in misc)

Joseph Smith sends: "...a jig, Newport Lasses, on my David Boisvert chanter." (saved in u-pipes)

Tony Higgins sends the reel, Drunken Landlady, an unnamed hornpipe, Boys of Belfast (category unknown), and a redo of the Scottish minuet, Yellow Haired Laddie, which hopefully sounds better than the last time.(I corrected the title of the 8/25/05 submission to Woman of the House- was titled Drunken Landlady. It wasn't the landlady who was at fault this time.)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”