08/25/05Jeesus sana elämän,Sporting Paddy/DrunkenLandlady...

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

08/25/05Jeesus sana elämän,Sporting Paddy/DrunkenLandlady...

Post by TonyHiggins »

08/25/05 Markus Asunta returns with: "Here's a few tracks from a project that is aimed to eventually result a CD release. There is an old Finnish hymn called Jeesus sana elämän (Jesus, word of life) followed by the Kerry Reel and a set of reels with Sporting Paddy and Drunken Landlady. The type of hymns that the one enclosed represents are usually sung unaccompanied, slowly and taking long breaks between verses. They are the form of traditional Finnish music that's closest to my heart so I thought I'd do a bit of experimenting with these two traditions. Hopefully someone other than me will enjoy it too." (saved in flute)

Tony Higgins reposts the slow air, Dear Irish Boy, thinking I improved upon it. (I just listened to the older version, and sadly, I haven't.) Anyway, heh, heh, I've already gone to the trouble and it's on a different whistle, so here it is. Also posting: an air/reel of same melody (name unknown) with Drunken Landlady. (saved in reels)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”