07/28/05 SeamusEnnis'Jig, WillieColeman'sJig, TheShepherdess

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
Teri-K
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Teri-K »

It seems clarification is needed. My clip was on a box (Saltarelle Conemarra III). I don't play concertina, never have, and very likely never will. I suppose I did think that it was obvious that it was a box, and didn't spell it out, other than saying "a dry, one-voice setting". Concertinas don't have basses and can't play in multiple voices as can be achieved with the stops (settings) on the box. Well, not on all boxes, unless you have.... nevermind :wink:

All I wanted to do was submit a clip of box playing :D
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Well, Teri, heh heh, now I know what the term 'box' refers to. I thought it was a catch-all phrase that included concertinas (or that concertinas was a catch-all phrase that included whatever.) I'll just slink back to my corner and tootle on my little tinwhistle like a good boy.
Tony
Go ahead and roll your collective eyes. See if I care.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Teri-K wrote:Concertinas don't have basses and can't play in multiple voices as can be achieved with the stops (settings) on the box.
A concertina is to the box what a Porsche is to a Mustang. Subtlelties versus brute force :D
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Azalin wrote: A concertina is to the box what a Porsche is to a Mustang. Subtlelties versus brute force :D
Right, the old "size doesn't matter" argument. :D
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Teri-K wrote:
Azalin wrote: A concertina is to the box what a Porsche is to a Mustang. Subtlelties versus brute force :D
Right, the old "size doesn't matter" argument. :D
So, Az, what would you say about a Porsche like the one you "drive." I understand that under the hood it has a Mustang engine? ;)
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

StevieJ wrote:
So, Az, what would you say about a Porsche like the one you "drive." I understand that under the hood it has a Mustang engine? ;)
Someone needs to come up with a hissing cat emoticon. :D
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Hehe, I didn't know a Porsche was a girls car.
No I'm not returning...
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

You all picking up on me. You all very very mean! :sniffle:
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Azalin wrote:You all picking up on me. You all very very mean! :sniffle:
I've never tried to pick you up, I do pick on you sometimes, I hope you can pick up on all that. I try not to put you down, just put it down to experience, and please put that thing down. Now, please! If you can put up with all this slagging (I don't know who put me up to it), and preferably put up shelves, I can put you up anytime, no desire to put up, nor to shut up, nor put 'em up (especially with martial arts man Jack around). I'm not putting you on, so don't be put off, and don't put off until tomorrow what you should do today, nor take off until tomorrow what you put on this morning, and don't try to take off with my box, nor do a take-off of my whistle style, and when are we going for a pint?

English phrasal verbs - are they worse for the non-native speaker than German ones?
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Azalin wrote:You all picking up on me. You all very very mean! :sniffle:
Oh, Az... sometimes you are just too cute for words :lol:
Azalin

Post by Azalin »