Flute: Month of January, Podbean

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Flute: Month of January, Podbean

Post by TonyHiggins »

06/07/17 Rip Van Winkle, here, after a small nap...
Arbo Doughty sends two on flute: Month of January and "Two Reels Podbean."

That sure came at me out of the blue after about 3 years. Had to relearn the web editor and figure out how to get into the server. Now it's bedtime.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
sfmans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a whistle player for over 40 years now, which is a sobering thought. I got started on a battered old Generation D and, well, just never stopped really!

Current gigs are The Powderkegs border morris, the concert band Trebuchet with our music theatre show The Mill Ballads www.themillballads.com, and Welsh dance band Caffl.

Re: Flute: Month of January, Podbean

Post by sfmans »

Well I googled 'Arlo Doughty' (nice steady unfussy playing, something seriously wrong with his Caps Lock key) and 'Two reels podbean' and, to be honest, I'm still none the wiser .... :)
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Flute: Month of January, Podbean

Post by ytliek »

I've kind of always liked Arbo Doughty's take on various tunes, whether on flute, whistle, or pipes. The Month of January seems to reflect some of the tune Lough Erin Shore, aka Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore, if my ear is hearing it ok. Thanks for posting Arbo and Tony.