David Daye

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
jakepiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: David Daye

Post by jakepiper »

I phoned David today and he assured me that he is catching up with his work load, and that i should receive my pipes shortly. The best way of communicating is by the phone. Give him a call!
Finikey O'Reeley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Finikey O'Reeley »

I received my Daye chanter a few days ago and am delighted with it. Yes, it took a bit longer than his website suggested but it was well worth the wait.
Never give others good reason to be glad to see you go.
trophi11

Post by trophi11 »

330-923-DAYE Thats his phone number posted on his site. Why don't you give him a call rather than e-mail
piperhahn

Post by piperhahn »

I just talked to David on the phone a couple Saturday's ago. He's had some health problems that have been kicking his arse, and i I remember correctly some computer problems or workshop set up problems or both as well. He is really easy to get a hold of on the phone and is working away on stuff, so give a call. I know it's sometimes hard for overseas people, but like I said. I've had to call him for students interested in ordering pipes 3-4 times and literally every time I dial his number he picks up the phone. I may be really lucky, but I doubt it.
psychih

Post by psychih »

Well it's almost the new year and I was wondering if anyone else in the same boat as me has received their pipes, or still waiting?
paintedgreen
Tell us something.: I've been playing uilleann pipes for a couple of years and I think this forum is a great learning resource.

Post by paintedgreen »

Indeed. I placed an order about a year and a half ago and am still waiting. Last time I spoke with him (early summer), David seemed like he had just really recovered, so hopefully not too much longer! I wonder if anyone else has spoken to him more recently?
Ken_C
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ken_C »

[Thread Revival. - Mod]

I'm resurrecting this thread to report that this evening an email from David Daye indicated he is writing to all remaining unfilled set kit orders (and maybe sets/drones orders? I can't tell you) offering a choice of refund or their order in a matter of weeks at the head of the queue. I know he announced two months back that chanter production is current, so I was expecting such a notice. I still have use for a set kit, so I responded, "Yes." If you are in the same situation, you should have heard from him. If you haven't, experience and posts here indicate you should not bother with email, just telephone - that's clearly the best way to get a response.

Ken