David Daye

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
gnldavies
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

David Daye

Post by gnldavies »

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum.

I placed an order for a practice set with David Daye last year (2013), paid half deposit, with approximate delivery date of late summer 2014.

I have sent (polite) emails to both of David's email addresses four times since August, but have received no replies. :-?

His web site is showing 3 Sept 2014.

Does anyone know if everything is OK with David. Is he perhaps just very busy completing orders?

I can't really afford to throw away ~$250 deposit.

Any help & information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: David Daye

Post by dow »

You might try calling him. His phone number is on his website under the Contact menu: http://daye1.com/contact.html
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
gnldavies

Post by gnldavies »

Indeed... but being based in the UK, with work commitments, family life, time difference, etc. I haven't got around to it (yet).

Up until August 2014 email was fine. I was just wondering if there was any reason for the sudden silence?
reedmasters

Post by reedmasters »

I tried emailing him a month ago or more. I'm still hoping for a response. My email of several years ago however, went unanswered.
irishpiper
Tell us something.: uyguyguyguygug;skdjvlsa fvla bnsldcv nasnc:sodv jcpoaenvpiseripsertnvpa epaoeunvasuepv; auenr;usaenrviusanrvueapr;gvoajneproivea[orivjae['oirvjnae['oirvnae'oirvnas'[oirvn'[aenv'[saepoirnv['soeirnv['sonv[oeirvn['oeirnv['oisenrv['oisernjv['oisenv[oiserntv[oisenjv[oisrjtb[oisrtj[bsirpotbosirnboisemfvo[sierfvmseoiv

Post by irishpiper »

Perhaps your email address ended up in his Spam folder for some crazy reason...it can happen.

Is there another email account you can use?
Tom_S

Post by Tom_S »

I emailed him back and forth about buying a reed about a year ago. As soon as I sent the money I never heard from him again, even after repeated emails. I left it too late to do a Paypal dispute.

Other people have had more luck than me contacting him, so maybe my anecdote is an isolated incident.
maki

Post by maki »

Tom_S wrote:I emailed him back and forth about buying a reed about a year ago. As soon as I sent the money I never heard from him again, even after repeated emails. I left it too late to do a Paypal dispute.

Other people have had more luck than me contacting him, so maybe my anecdote is an isolated incident.
I bought a reed from him and it took longer than promised, but after a reminder I got my reed.
I'd keep trying to talk to him.
hpinson

Post by hpinson »

330-923-3293
reedmasters

Post by reedmasters »

irishpiper; Good idea! I'll try one of my other email accounts. It very well may have ended up in a Spam folder. Thanks!
Ken_C
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ken_C »

I am in the same boat - order with half payment for a practice set kit sent in January 2014. The website at the time indicated delivery in August, then September of 2014. In September I tried an email, and three days later after no reply (being an hour away from him in the U.S.) picked up the phone and called. He answered, and I understood that I should expect my set at the delivery date then on the website, sometime in 2015 (April or May). Perhaps that is true for all existing set orders? Sounds like another sole-proprietor craftsperson who couldn't keep up with orders for a time. Anyone who gets more current news direct from the maker about all this; I'm sure we'd like to hear it. If there are (temporary) issues with filling existing orders I am sympathetic, but one needs to communicate with the customer to keep that ol' credibility. :poke:

Ken, in Pennsylvania, US
jakepiper

Post by jakepiper »

Glad to know I am not alone. I ordered a set one and a half years ago.
For the last 6-8 months I have had 6-8 unanswered e-mails. If you phone him he will give you an update,
but he seems to have been delayed quite a bit. I was set to receive my set in spring of 2014.
Last time we spoke he approximated that I should receive my pipes in december. I have not had any news since.
He has a good reputation so I hope he can get things back on track.
Finikey O'Reeley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Finikey O'Reeley »

I am also waiting for an order (for one of his penny chanters). I've never gotten a response to my emails but I always am able to reach him by phone. I get the impression he is very busy, which I attribute to the reputation of his products and to his reasonable prices. It would be nice if he were a better communicator but the more time he spends on the Internet and phone, the less time he spends in the shop. I suppose he could have his webmaster update the generic delivery estimates on a more frequent basis...
Never give others good reason to be glad to see you go.
andy_skiff
Tell us something.: Start to play whistles since 2007 and became a whistle/flute maker since 2009, I'm in China with a group Irish music fans.

Post by andy_skiff »

I'm waiting for two chanters and some reeds, paid two months ago...
Maybe David should rise the price a little to hire more guys.
reedmasters

Post by reedmasters »

I emailed David again. Tried one of my other email accounts, 9 days ago with the same result. Nothing!!
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

What does a pipemaker with a long waiting list do, if he suddenly decides he doesn't want to make pipes anymore ?

RORY

PS and all the money he has taken in as payments is gone .
I'm Spartacus .