Central London (UK) pipers gathering

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
buskerSean
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Central London (UK) pipers gathering

Post by buskerSean »

As the wonderful London Uilleann Pipers Club are now in way out South West London I thought it might be nice for a few of us inner city pipers to meet up for a few tunes and such. I have mailed LUPC to see if they want to be involved, and London Irish Centre in Camden are keen to host us. So who's game for a January bash in Camden Square?
RLines
Tell us something.: Uilleann Piper. Gramophone Enthusiast. Piping Art Collector. Co-chair Pibyddion Uilleann Cymru. Board Member NPU.

Re: Central London (UK) pipers gathering

Post by RLines »

Count me in.

Rick
My Twitter: @FerrysidePiper
My YouTube
Club Twitter: @UilleannCymru
Chris Bayley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Chris Bayley »

Should be able to make so long so long as we don't have the wrong sort of snow or BT let another cable drum escape :o
geoff wooff

Post by geoff wooff »

It is possible that I will be in London at some stage during January. Perhaps I could drop by and say hello. :)
buskerSean
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

That's great, fellas. Geoff, happy to coincide the night with your visit, let me know dates when you have 'em. Here. @uilleansean or sean.lally74ATgmail.com
geoff wooff

Post by geoff wooff »

I'll certainly contact you Sean... just don't hold out to set a date for your meeting on my behalf... a visit to London in Jan. is only a 'definate possible maybe'.. which dépends on quite a lot.. including Weather/Family/Health and Money! :party: Looking forward to the party.
buskerSean

Post by buskerSean »

Ok, Geoff. If the meet proves popular we could always go monthly. Preferably with some LUPC involvement.
john

Post by john »

Geoff, great to have you on board - hope you know that a condition of your attending is that you provide a fully-keyed chanter with ivory and silver fittings to be raffled to a lucky winner - all in furtherance of the cause of the promotion of uilleann piping in London
all the best
iain beag
Tell us something.: I play various instruments, Highland pipes, Border pipes, uilleann pipes, smallpipes, flute (badly) and trying to learn mandolin.

Post by iain beag »

Hello Sean
Are you thinking to start a regular meeting?

What is parking like there?

I would be interested in coming along when I have time although I am only a beginner.
The Twickenham meeting is just a shade too far for me.

Are there any pipers who meet out Essex way?

Iain
buskerSean

Post by buskerSean »

Parking is fine in the evening in Camden sq, even when a big do is on. I'll announce date as soon as it's confirmed
Calum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Calum »

I'd like to drop in as well - the LUPC meets have always clashed for me so another evening would be fantastic.
buskerSean

Post by buskerSean »

That is great, Callum. I am awaiting confirmation from Ldn Irish centre on a date so will announce as soon as I know.
buskerSean

Post by buskerSean »

working date is Wed 15 Jan, 1900-late, with an all comers session in the main bar from 2200. :)
RLines
Tell us something.: Uilleann Piper. Gramophone Enthusiast. Piping Art Collector. Co-chair Pibyddion Uilleann Cymru. Board Member NPU.

Post by RLines »

Drat! I'm out of town that day :(

Hope there'll be more gatherings.

Good luck with it!
My Twitter: @FerrysidePiper
My YouTube
Club Twitter: @UilleannCymru
buskerSean

Post by buskerSean »

We'll miss you Rich, I'll @ you if the session is still going on Thursday morning!

I am hoping for this to become monthly. 'Camden Pipers Club' anyone?