Victor Mullally uilleann pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
robf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann piper and flute player from the South West of Ireland. Currently playing a keyless Grinter flute and a full concert pitch set of Victor Mullally pipes.

Victor Mullally uilleann pipes

Post by robf »

Has anyone come across uilleann pipes made by Victor Mullally. I saw his name on the pipemakers list. I would appreciate any info on this maker.
PadraigB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Victor Mullally uilleann pipes

Post by PadraigB »

I'd highly recommend Victor as a reedmaker and pipe maker, AFAIK he has a number of chanters being played in the Waterford, South Kilkenny area. I've played a couple of his chanters and have been very impressed. Very similar to Froment/Leo Rowsome sound, (I understand his measurements are based on Froment, Leo and Willie Rowsome chanters). Some of my drone and reg reeds and my chanter reed are made by Victor (Froment set). Mick O'Brien has passed on a good deal of his knowledge to Victor.
Brazenkane
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Brazenkane »

Heard his B set in Mullagh. Was very nice. I also know someone who just got a B chanter from him, and he reports nothing but great things, too!
Give a man a wooden reed and he'll play in the driest of weather,
Teach a man to make a wooden reed,
and the both of ye will go insane!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Mick O'Brien brought a concert chanter and a B chanter of Victor's to the South Carolina Irish Arts Weekend. I too got it that Victor and Mick have sort of been working on this mad scheme together; Mick said something about raucous reedmaking sessions in his kitchen that were driving his wife crazy. I think I also recall Mick saying that he knew Victor from way back and Victor had been an engineer, maybe? Can't remember for sure, but I do remember that both chanters sounded terrific.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Ted
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ted »

Victor is one maker that I think will keep rising to toward the top of the pack. We will be hearing more of him.
robf
Tell us something.: Uilleann piper and flute player from the South West of Ireland. Currently playing a keyless Grinter flute and a full concert pitch set of Victor Mullally pipes.

Post by robf »

Thanks to all of ye who replied, Im sorry for not answering sooner. Your comments have been very helpful.
Im glad ive found some info on victor because it was very hard to find anything on the internet.
Its good to hear good news about him.
Mikelpiper
Tell us something.: Hello everyone. I am a lover of the uilleann pipes, I've been since 2011, learning to play. I'm from the North of Spain specifically Basque. Here few people play this instrument and therefore I learn only. A greeting

Post by Mikelpiper »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know what happened with the orders that Victor left pending? What was your workshop?