Ebay Items

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
westerneyes

Re: Ebay Items

Post by westerneyes »

john wrote:Is this of interest?
I'm pretty confident that there is a Middle East made set. The wood looks like it has been stained darker than they usually look to pass off as ebony, but the usual hallmarks are there. In that bag of reeds, you can see some plastic chanter reeds as well- which to me (along with the other details) is a giveaway.
michaelpthompson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played whistles and flutes for many years, but I am looking to get more serious with it. I mostly play Irish traditional music, but I want to expand into native american as well.

Post by michaelpthompson »

RenaissanceGuy wrote:Hi there, I've been watching some of these listings for some time.
I notice that the exact same Kwisthout set keeps getting relisted again and again, even though people have placed bids on it when it was listed previously. So apparently the seller can opt not to accept a final bid.
A seller can list an item with a "Reserve" price, and if that is not met, he's not obligated to accept lower bids. I don't know if that's what is happening here, but it's one possibility.
Cheers!

Michael
Living the Rainbow Life!
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Looks like this seller is clearing out his pipes :(

McNicholl full set - collection in person from Birmingham. Seller does not say what pitch they are.

Chris Coe practice set - relisted, collection in person from Birmingham.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
RenaissanceGuy
Tell us something.: I am interested in various forms of traditional and folk music. I've been interested in Uilleann pipes for many years. And now I'm finally learning them!

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

westerneyes wrote:
john wrote:Is this of interest?
I'm pretty confident that there is a Middle East made set. The wood looks like it has been stained darker than they usually look to pass off as ebony, but the usual hallmarks are there. In that bag of reeds, you can see some plastic chanter reeds as well- which to me (along with the other details) is a giveaway.
The tell-tale signs are definitely there.
The seller describes it as being purchased from Spain.
I believe they are re-selling this set (or something similar), which is sold by somebody in Barcelona and appears to be one of the assembly-line UP copies from Pakistan:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uilleann-pipes ... SwvgdW520B
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Howard chanter in D - EU only

Gallen chanter in D - UK only.

David
RenaissanceGuy
Tell us something.: I am interested in various forms of traditional and folk music. I've been interested in Uilleann pipes for many years. And now I'm finally learning them!

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

The chanter from last week, unknown maker, in D with C natural key, has been re-listed due to non-paying bidder (the final bid had been $620). It looks like US only:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Uilleann-Pipe-Chanter-in-D-Blackwood/132915698453?hash=item1ef2649b15:g:VAsAAOSwFtNcKAcW:rk:1:pf:0
RenaissanceGuy

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

Alas, I placed a bid on the chanter but I lost. :sniffle:
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

BigDavy wrote:Looks like this seller is clearing out his pipes :(

McNicholl full set - collection in person from Birmingham. Seller does not say what pitch they are.

Chris Coe practice set - relisted, collection in person from Birmingham.

David
Chris Coe practice set - UK only. seller now offering postage.

David
RenaissanceGuy

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

Neil O'Grady half set, seller in US. It looks like international shipping is available:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Ogrady-Uilleann-Pipes-1-2-set/123606225791?hash=item1cc781537f:g:j5UAAOSwuvpcRk3Y:rk:17:pf:0
RenaissanceGuy

Post by RenaissanceGuy »

BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Lorcan Dunne chanter in D - C and F keys.

David
Bigryan
Tell us something.: I want to start learning the Uilleann pipes, and this website comes up as the number 1 search result for information. I found pipes for sale on Ebay, but I also read on here that members say not to buy them. So, i'm a little confused on where, what and who to buy from. Hopefully if I can find a set I can find help on here about learning.

Post by Bigryan »

Hi,
I found this set -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uilleann-Pipes/283358979283
But after asking a few question I was met with a torrent of racist abuse, which tbh has kinda put me off ebay. The seller didn't want any questions on where the set was made or by who. Warning I guess..
Bigryan
Tell us something.: I want to start learning the Uilleann pipes, and this website comes up as the number 1 search result for information. I found pipes for sale on Ebay, but I also read on here that members say not to buy them. So, i'm a little confused on where, what and who to buy from. Hopefully if I can find a set I can find help on here about learning.

Post by Bigryan »

Bigryan wrote:Hi,
I found this set -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uilleann-Pipes/283358979283
But after asking a few question I was met with a torrent of racist abuse, which tbh has kinda put me off ebay. The seller didn't want any questions on where the set was made or by who. Warning I guess..
Just a follow up - I reported him to customer service as the language was disgusting.
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Bigryan

I didn't post it here as it was obviously a Pakistani set.

David
Bigryan

Post by Bigryan »

BigDavy wrote:Hi Bigryan

I didn't post it here as it was obviously a Pakistani set.

David
Appologies David! I found it and thought it would be a great starting half set!