Opinions on Benson and Cornelius Pipes?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
MJ1619

Opinions on Benson and Cornelius Pipes?

Post by MJ1619 »

Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions, comments, or reviews of Benson and Cornelius Pipes? I cannot seem to find any on the forum (maybe I am just entering the wrong search terms and missing it) and was curious why.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

All the best,

Michael
razzmaster
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Opinions on Benson and Cornelius Pipes?

Post by razzmaster »

Tim and Steph make great stuff. Stunning looks wise, but a great sound too. I haven't played a full set of theirs, but Tim let play one of his chanters shortly after they had started making pipes professionally. It was a lovely stick.
Jeff Cullen

Post by Jeff Cullen »

I had a cocobolo concert pitch chanter with 4 keys he made me almost two years ago...it had great tone and playability. I had to sell it for financial reasons, but I would have liked to have kept it.
Jeff Cullen
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - A.E.
MJ1619

Post by MJ1619 »

Razzmaster and Jeff,

Thanks for the insight/help. Much appreciated. From what I've heard about their instruments they truly are first rate.

Michael
misterpatrick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by misterpatrick »

Just to weigh in. I have one of Tim and Stephanie's 3/4 sets - in fact I think it's the second set of regs that Tim had made. Really beautiful stuff, very comfortable and great sound. Tim keeps getting better and better and Stephanie's key work is innovative and beautiful. I think one thing that has really set Tim apart for me is his responsiveness to feedback. For example, Tim wasn't happy with the way my regulators were sounding, so took them back, remade his reamers and re-reamed them to where he was happy. All in all, I've been really happy with the set.

-Patrick
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Tim and Steph are doing wonderful, wonderful things. Both are seriously good musicians as well, so they're pretty picky.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Tim and Steph, Brian Bigley and Evertjan Hart are the names to watch out for as Dave Williams and Alain Froment are no longer with us, so get on their waiting lists while they are short :)