Pipes for Sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
svickers

Post by svickers »

Uilleann pipe,and flute maker Dessie Seery has almost completed a batch of half sets.They are made from african ebony,stainless steel,and imitation ivory.Leather bags and bellows.This is a chance for anyone wishing to obtain a top class instrument without a long waiting period.I will be fitting the pipes in the coming days,these pipes are being sold on a first come first serve basis.For anymore information contact me Stephen Vickers @ svick@eircom.net Thanks
Dionys
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dionys »

I've dealt with Stephen before, though not with these pipe sets, and had a good experience. I don't know anything about these pipes he is offering for sale, but he is (IMHO) safe to deal with (and good with reeds).

Just my three cents.

Dionys
Patrick D'Arcy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

I have posted a fwee photos of Stephens work on my site at http://www.concentric.net/~pdarcy/page5 ... ml#vickers

Nice looking stuff. Dessie's pipes are very popular in Dublin these days. I heard a good few sets earlier in the year and they were very will in tune!

Patrick.
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

Patrick, are there any sound files of Dessies' pipes, anywhere? (Or Stephen, regarding this, I sent you an email.)
svick

Post by svick »

Jeff,
I hope to have sound files next week sometime. Will be in touch.
Stephen
Kevin Popejoy

Post by Kevin Popejoy »

Last edited by Kevin Popejoy on Mon May 10, 2004 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
svick

Post by svick »

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the comment. The stainless is a pain to work. Unlike brass, you have to heat the stainless to red hot to work in a pipe bender and it takes about an hour to re-polish each bend. The big advantage is they don't tarnish, or very little anyway.
All the best,
Stephen