Concert pitch chanter FS on eBay

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
_stephanie_

Concert pitch chanter FS on eBay

Post by _stephanie_ »

_stephanie_

Sound sample available

Post by _stephanie_ »

The recording of the chanter is available for download here:

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx? ... did=119971
Dionys
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dionys »

I thought posting a "for sale" advert after posting twice was kind of a no-no.

Anyone even heard of Tim Benson? Any good?
Tir gan teanga <--> Tir gan Anam.
Doogie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doogie »

Never heard of him but I searched his name and found this in thesession.org archives... http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display/15803

www.myspace.com/timbenson

Whoever is selling this on ebay has also started this thread..
TimBenson

Post by TimBenson »

Doogie wrote: Whoever is selling this on ebay has also started this thread..
I am selling the chanter, and I did not start this thread. I know the person who did start the thread, and that person was just trying to be helpful.

Now to the chanter - this is an opportunity for someone to own a very good chanter. It plays very nicely; it is bright, resonant in the hands, easy to play, not over-powering, and comes with two very good reeds that play practically identical to each other. It is a reliable instrument, and if there are ever any concerns about the quality or workmanship, the buyer is encouraged to contact me to discuss the matter and to work something out.

I have been playing the pipes for ten years and making reeds for ten years. I have played many different chanters, and I consider myself to be very familiar with the instrument. I can say that this is one of the best sounding, well-behaved chanters I have ever played and I am confident it will make someone happy.

I will also be placing an ebony chanter for sale very soon, pictures of which are available on www.myspace.com/timbenson.

Thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,

Tim Benson... maker of the eBay chanter :lol:
_stephanie_

Post by _stephanie_ »

Sorry to have ruffled feathers. For what it's worth, I couldn't retrieve my login information and created a new profile in the interest of saving time.

formerly...

steph_c
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

TimBenson wrote:I am selling the chanter, and I did not start this thread. I know the person who did start the thread, and that person was just trying to be helpful.
Yea right !!! Come on spill the beans, Its your girlfriend ,and if she,s not she,d like to be ???

RORY
Pikey

Post by Pikey »

Yea right !!! Come on spill the beans, Its your girlfriend ,and if she,s not she,d like to be ???

RORY[/quote]

Something others have picked up on and which really irritates; why does this prick always use multiple exclamation and question marks? All it does is draw attention to the rest of his punctuation, which is even worse, where he uses commas instead of apostrophes.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Pikey wrote:Yea right !!! Come on spill the beans, Its your girlfriend ,and if she,s not she,d like to be ???

RORY
Something others have picked up on and which really irritates; why does this prick always use multiple exclamation and question marks? All it does is draw attention to the rest of his punctuation, which is even worse, where he uses commas instead of apostrophes.[/quote]

This prick only does it to irratate you ,otherwise we,d never hear from you

RORY
PS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

TimBenson wrote:I am selling the chanter ...
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

The reason why this thread got less-than-enthusiastic reception was that in the past some people have abused this discussion forum by turning it into their personal advertising space. There's usually some suspicion of the motives of someone whose first post on the forum is commercial. The approach is that contributions to the forum are generally non-commercial but the occasional (once-a-month, I believe) commercial post from regular contributors is permitted.

So why don't you tell us a little about yourself, where you're from, how long you've been piping, pipemaking, who taught you, what your view on hand-rolled as opposed to hobby tube staples are, whether East Durham is on the East Coast, is NPU part of the Axis of Evil, etc.

Be prepared to be accepted by some, vilified by others, worshiped by a few and ignored by most.
PJ
tompipes

Post by tompipes »

Be prepared to be accepted by some, vilified by others, worshiped by a few and ignored by most.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Fine chanter there Tim. Is it based on a Rowsome design?

Tommy
TimBenson

Post by TimBenson »

I would call it Rowsome-esque, on the inside at least.
TimBenson

Post by TimBenson »

PJ wrote: where you're from, how long you've been piping, pipemaking, who taught you, what your view on hand-rolled as opposed to hobby tube staples are
From NE Ohio originally. Now reside in Western NY state. Playing pipes ten years. Learned the basics from Michael Kilbane in Cleveland, OH where I lived for a while. Pipemaking since Christmas 2006. I roll my own staples, but I don't have rules about tubing or hand-rolled.
Marcelo Muttis

Post by Marcelo Muttis »

Hey Tim, aside all that is written before, I heard the pipes at your place in myspace and I think it´s very well in tune nice and round tone, congrats!! , Whom you took the measures from?

regards
Thanks God for the opposite thumb.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I visited your MySpace. I listened to Brady's Reel- very nice playing! Is that one of your chanters you're playing? I didn't check but it sounds like a flat chanter. Also your work looks great.
And I see Stephanie listed as a friend...