Scoiltrad

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Dave
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dave »

Can I have some opinions on Scoiltrad?I am seriously considering trying out an 'Advanced' lesson or two, once I've replaced my dodgy chanter reed.I've had only an occasional lesson and feel the need for some expert tuition but cannot commit to regular lessons.Scoiltrad sounds great...any experiences?
AlanBurton

Post by AlanBurton »

Have you tried Na Piobairi Uilleanns Video Tutors? One of my pupils has the first one and seems as good as anything outside of one2one.
Alan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlanBurton on 2002-07-01 17:14 ]</font>
dirk

Post by dirk »

Hi, Maybe you already read my recommendations in earlier posts. The whole scoiltrad group toured in Colorado in March, and I consider the lessons and concert from that event a major event in my musical life.

Their internet system consists of downloading a multi-media lesson, and when you are ready, you send in a recording of yourself, and you get a personal assessment from the teacher who recorded the lesson. The lesson rate is about $20 per tune. This system works well for me - especially the assessment.

If you want to get an idea of what it's like before you buy a lesson, they have sample lessons for free, only without the assessment.