Wanted, piper for Celtic folk group!

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Phizillip
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Phizillip »

Hi our group Skean Dubh plays in Colorado. We're looking for a piper to enhance our group. We play Scottish, Irish, and English folksongs and ballads. Also have incorporated lively, "tunes".
If you live around Denver or outlying areas and would be interested in playing with us, take a peek a our website for more info. http://www.homestead.com/skeandubh Our email is on there. Thanks so much
Phizillip
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Does Salt Lake count?? :smile:

I'm in Denver from time to time, as my fiancé's father lives there. Perhaps we could session if nothing else.

Bri~
Phizillip

Post by Phizillip »

Hi Brian, I recognize your name from the C&F whistle board. Tell you what I could send you a cassette tape of our 2hr set to practice along with. I'll include the keys and what songs need whistles instead of pipes. That way you could sit in with us at a gig if it happens to coinside with a visit to your in-laws. Or if we play a festival in SLC. How bout leaving your snail mail adress in a private message for me. Thanks for your interest, Brian. Hope to see yo at Ron's some time if nothing else!
Phizillip
praetorius

Post by praetorius »

Hi--my name is Dan Meyers and if you're still looking for pipers, I'm always looking for groups to play with (haven't heard you guys before, but I've heard the name). I live in the Castle Rock area...Drop me a line if you still fancy having an uilleann piper in the group. I play whistle and a few other things as well...

Thanks,
Dan
Phizillip

Post by Phizillip »

Thanks, Dan I look forwar to meeting/playing music with you.
Phillip