What happened to the NPU millennium project?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ChristianRo »

As some of you might know, some 3 years ago, Na Piobairi Uilleann asked pipers around the world to send in photographs of themselves with their pipes along with information on player and instrument (I contributed, of course). This was to document the state of uilleann piping at the end of the 20th century. Sadly, it seems, the outcome will not be made accessible to the public. I imagine this would be wonderful stuff for a book. Has anyone of you participated as well? And: does anyone know of further plans concerning this project?
Christian
Kevin Popejoy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kevin Popejoy »

Last edited by Kevin Popejoy on Mon May 10, 2004 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

They are still taking contributions I think, never got round to sending my own likeness I must admit. I did however [at the request of NPU] submit some 90 prints of different pipers. At the outset I was told very much what Kevin said above, it's an archive project and no plans for publication or exhibition were in place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Peter Laban on 2002-05-24 11:36 ]</font>
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

Its probably a worthwhile project ...but it might be a long time before anything is done with it.
When they're talkin about ChristianRo and Boyd and Peter and R O'Keefe etc in the way they now talk about Clancy or Ennis...that's when it'll be time to do something with the photo collection :wink:

Boyd