Photos of uilleann pipes workshops...Strathspey in May

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

http://www.strathspeyinmay.com/gallery_2002.htm

If you're looking for me, I'm in the pic with Seán Potts....I'm to HIS left, wearing a dark blue denim shirt and looking stupid !!

Boyd
http://www.strathspeyinmay.com
anima
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by anima »

Hey thanks, those pictures look nice, quite a set up you had there. How many people actually attended? looks like quite a few. BTW.... who's that stupid looking guy in the denim shirt next to Sean Potts (his left)?

:smile:

Jeff
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

We had 88 workshop participants this year, spread out over lots of instruments.
There were 3 uilleann pipes classes, and 2 whistle/flute, 2 fiddle.
We like to have a maximum class size of 8 as too many people detracts from the learning.

The web site is maintained throughout the year with updates on tutors and performers we are booking as well as dates for a monthly session.

Press coverage has been good this year and people are getting to hear about us.
As an Ulsterman, I need to be careful that the festival doesn't get too "Irish"....it is in the heart of SCOTLAND after all !!

We had a number of overseas visitors this year, which just thrilled us all.
But this IS a beautiful part of the world....Monarch of the Glen is filmed in a neighbouring village.

Boyd.