Photos of Taylor pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
sean an piobaire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by sean an piobaire »

I worked on a practice set owned by Father Quigley, of Baker, Oregon, back in 1974. It was by Patsy Brown, and had a regular chanter and the improved "Flute Key" model so your fingers can cover the holes, without having to have a precise "Grip". I went from Clarinet to "Double" on Saxophone without a problem, but going TO the Clarinet, after starting the Sax is hard to do for some people, as they have to close those dinky holes airtight with the pads of their fingers. Patsy Brown must have heard the musician's gossip about that!
I have been told that my set was by Patsy Brown, as well as by Patrick Hennelly. I don't think so! It's got different DEE-tails, but Jim McGuire says I'm in Dee-Nile.....STILL TAKING THE FIFTH SEAN FOLSOM
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Does your chanter have anything stamped on it, Irishpiper?
An Piobarie had a little article by Charles Roberts about a couple of chanters stamped "P. Brown," one had the flute keys covering the holes. I called up Father Quigley about 6 years ago looking for his pipes but he took them back to Sligo years ago. His uncle was James Morrison, the famous Sligo fiddler who is Frankie Gavin's big role model By The W.
Also the pic of Patsy in Patsy Sky's tutor for the pipes shows him (Brown) with a 4 reg set and a double chanter with the flute keys. How about calling this stuff "McBoehm" keywork?
Sean told me once about the pun with three of these old pipemakers: Brown, White, Green.
L42B

Post by L42B »

Originally Posted By Patrick D'Arcy

Here's a direct link to the article:

http://www.uilleannobsession.com/articl ... annon.html

The radio links page has the Céilí House tribute show to Joe and PJ Crotty. Just do a find on that page for Joe Shannon.

Patrick.
Does anybody know what happend to Joe Shannon's pipes? I hope their being played by somebody; if not played treasured by someone who understands their true value. I just hope the set didn't go into recievership and get auctioned of for a megar sum.

Cheers L42B :)
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

L42B wrote: I just hope the set didn't go into recievership and get auctioned of for a megar sum.

Cheers L42B :)
Somehow, I doubt very much this is the case. Too many people know their history and value.
irishpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: uyguyguyguygug;skdjvlsa fvla bnsldcv nasnc:sodv jcpoaenvpiseripsertnvpa epaoeunvasuepv; auenr;usaenrviusanrvueapr;gvoajneproivea[orivjae['oirvjnae['oirvnae'oirvnas'[oirvn'[aenv'[saepoirnv['soeirnv['sonv[oeirvn['oeirnv['oisenrv['oisernjv['oisenv[oiserntv[oisenjv[oisrjtb[oisrtj[bsirpotbosirnboisemfvo[sierfvmseoiv

Post by irishpiper »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:Does your chanter have anything stamped on it, Irishpiper?
An Piobarie had a little article by Charles Roberts about a couple of chanters stamped "P. Brown," one had the flute keys covering the holes. I called up Father Quigley about 6 years ago looking for his pipes but he took them back to Sligo years ago.
The chanter is stamped with P. Brown on it and yes it is Father Quiqley's chanter..It is the same chanter that is mentioned in the An Piobarie article.