Preshaw C Chanter for Sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
TerryB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TerryB »

I am offering for sale a one-keyed Martin Preshaw C chanter. It is ebony with boxwood trim and brass fittings. It is playing well and has recently been reeded by a prominent American reed maker. This fact is significant since reeds made in Ireland do not always adjust well to an American climate (for the sake of those who live in the U.S. like I do).

I am asking $550 for the chanter, which includes U.S. shipping (shipping elsewhere is negotiable). Please e-mail me off list if interested.

Terry
Joseph
antispam: No

Post by Joseph »

Terry where in the country are you? How old is the chanter? And if you could (I know this is pushing it) but could you post a picture some how. The last request was very optional.
thanks Joseph
TerryB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TerryB »

Hi Joseph,

I live in Nashville, TN (I know my hometown information is a little obscure for anyone who doesn't know Jessie, who's famous on the whistle board). The chanter is less than a year old, and the reed was made about a month ago. I'm not really set up to post a picture, but I could probably arrange to do so if it's important.

Terry
Joseph
antispam: No

Post by Joseph »

Terry thanks for the info about the chanter. Don't worry about a picture. I just started playing the pipes and would really love to get a great C chanter like yours, but its always about the money. Someday when I make my millions teaching elementary school it'll all change....lol. Thanks again for the info and good luck!
GOD bless
Joseph