Becky Taylor on Celtic Aire tomorrow

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
beckitybek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Becky Taylor on Celtic Aire tomorrow

Post by beckitybek »

Just got this from John - thought some of you guys might like a listen (if you're not already regular listeners)

Hi Becky,
This is just a heads up that you are the featured
artist on the show tomorrow. It starts at 4:00 p.m. (-7 hours GMT),
so at 11:00 p.m. your time (I think), and goes for two hours. The show
repeats on Tuesday at 8:00 p.m.
www.voiceofvashon.org
AlanB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by AlanB »

Excellent! What's the best way to get this station to play?

Alan
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

I was able to make it work. Click on the link, then in the upper right hand side of the page there's box with "click here to listen" in blue.
-gary
PeterPiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Love playing pipes Uilleann and Highland . Also play jazz on saxophone . I have ben playing Oboe sax and clarinet for about lo years and pipes for about 10. I am not a great piper but love playing through celtic books and si reading is demanding and enjoyable to me. I live on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

Re Becky Taylors gig

Post by PeterPiper »

I'm on to the station now ....hope I haven't missed it.
Thanks for the heads - up
Sat.@ 12.52 EST
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

So, it might appear to be around 6:00pm, in the USA, midwest? But on Sunday, right, as it was posted on the 22nd.

Someone help out with the times! Thanks.
PeterPiper
Tell us something.: Love playing pipes Uilleann and Highland . Also play jazz on saxophone . I have ben playing Oboe sax and clarinet for about lo years and pipes for about 10. I am not a great piper but love playing through celtic books and si reading is demanding and enjoyable to me. I live on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

time calculation?

Post by PeterPiper »

It is supposed to be on 4:00 till 6:00 Saturday and Tuesday according to the Celtic Aire show times posted on the radio station. I believe that they are approx. 5 hours ahead of us here in Canada EST. It dosen't work out for me as I had the show on for about 2 hours but no CelticAire show. Now I have no Idea when 4:00 Saturday is at this radio station!
Anybody figure when we would really hear it?
beckitybek

Post by beckitybek »

As far as I can make out its on at midnight here in the UK. Not sure about anywhere else though :-?
PeterPiper

Becky On the radio

Post by PeterPiper »

My appologies everybody ... I assumed the radio station was in the U.K. with Becky. It is on the west coast (Puget Sound). My time is 11:00 to listen just as Becky indicated.
Hope I didn't mislead anyone. I know where I'm going, but I don't know where I've been!
Joseph E. Smith

Re: Becky On the radio

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

PeterPiper wrote:My appologies everybody ... I assumed the radio station was in the U.K. with Becky. It is on the west coast (Puget Sound). My time is 11:00 to listen just as Becky indicated.
Hope I didn't mislead anyone. I know where I'm going, but I don't know where I've been!
...uh...perhaps you ought to cut back on those pickled peppers you've been pecking.....................................sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
John Dally

Post by John Dally »

Hi folks,
The show will air in about 35 minutes from now, which is 3:25 p.m. Pacific Time, -7 hours GMT. It airs again at 8:00 p.m. Pacific time.
Go to http://www.voiceofvashon.org and follow the directions in the upper right hand corner.
If you use a dial up you will encounter skips, unfortunately.
If you have a heavy firewall, you may need to disengage it just long enough for the connection to go through, then re-engage it.
Along with Becky you will hear Kevin Crawford, Michael McGoldrick, Adrian Schofield, Lillis O'laoire, Danu, and many others.
Part of my mission is bring musicians like Becky to the attention of a wider audience. If any of you have music you would like me to consider for the show, please let me know.
Let me know what you think of the show!
Here's my email:
john_dally@hmco.com
:party:
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Becky, congratulations... I'm off to a party and won't get to hear it. Let us know if there is an archive or a replay date. Thanks
PeterPiper

Becky is on now!

Post by PeterPiper »

Becky sounds great.!!
djm

Post by djm »

I can't get the sound file to play with Netscape. RealPlayer doesn't recognize the file type. Can anyone tell me what they are using to play this?

Thx,

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

djm, get iTunes, works great! Free too, I believe, and also works on Windows...
PeterPiper

Which player

Post by PeterPiper »

I'm using netscape and quicktime player . Picks up the station with no problem.
Peter