Want to start Playing Looking for Teacher

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Want to start Playing Looking for Teacher

Post by Unseen122 »

I have decicded that with the help of a private teacher I would have no problem piping as I play 13 instruments (including the GHB) for a while I was on the fence. Now to get into my real isusse anyone know of any pipers/pipe teachers in/around Morris county New Jersey. Also what about a starter set (I need to buy one me self and won't have the cash till atleast November) I need a really good and upgradable (you know to drones and regs) now where it gets hard, under $1000 and that max is asking a very very lot. :-?
Mypipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mypipes »

Try Willie Kelly @973-402-5978 he's in Boonton or David Power 732 291-5217 in Red Bank...I may be selling My Preshaw practice set for $950...its a solidly good set and I would get it in good playing order before sale ...its just collecting dust right now as I have a second Preshaw chanter with a half set and a full Gallagher set...so I'm well set on my end
Mypipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mypipes »

David can also assist in reed and pipe maintenance...by the way I check out price for a new Preshaw practice set is about $1600 US a new Gallagher is $1300 I actually priced my two year old set at 950 ..now thats a bargain...with no wait! :) You can Check around Preshaw has afine reputation on his chanter work.