Christmas well-wishes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
jqpublick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jqpublick »

Hello all;
Woke up this morning to new-fallen snow and hoar frost on the trees, turning everything into a kind of perfection, put Seamus on the CD player and had a coffee with my family. A good day thus far and only going to get better.

I hope all your days are as good as this and all your playing as fine as what I'm hearing right now.

Merry Christmas,

Mark
jordan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jordan »

hello mark,

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Winnipeger!
Did you get your set from R. Colley? How is it working for you? I played a few of his chanters a while ago, some were pretty good, it was hard to tell with the reeds he had (from neil O'grady... some were pretty bad)
so, A couple of things you said in a past post disturbed me and I feel the need to address them:
1) Winnipeg is not a geographical vacuum when it comes to celtic music! There is a very healthy Irish music scene here if you know where to go and when, in fact I am out the door to a session when I finish this.
2) There are now three people besides yourself in the city who play, and one of them makes reeds to boot. (Well, okay, I make the reeds, and they play pretty well too, if you can keep the humidity above 40%!)

So thats not bad for a small city like ours don't you think?
Send me an email at mccguitars@hotmail.com and we'll hook up. and stop making Winnipeg sound bad! its not that bad... besides the cold.. well, and the mosquitoes I guess. but thats all! heh.
happy holidays,
jordan
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Hi Jordan, first posting ?
WELCOME ABOARD !!
mosquitos in snow country?? is it possible??

I have 2 O'Grady reeds made in the middle of winter that are pretty stable.