Books and Videos?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
John-N
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by John-N »

For those for have Heather Clark's "The New Approach to Uilleann Piping" book and the "Art of Uileann Piper Vol 1,2,3" video series from NPU, did you find these to be the best resources? What specifically did you find helpful?

I'm sure there are probably some other "must haves" like some reed books. Any suggestions? Quinn, Hegarty, Britton? At this point I would probably like a read-tweaking book rather than a reed-making book (but if one was good on both areas that would be great).
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

Dave Hegarty's book is very good.
If you don't have access to a teacher, and even if you do, the video series from NPU will be very good.
THE best resource by far must be having an experienced piper who can take you under their wing.....worth the investment of a pint or two, or whatever it takes.....experienced players have already made all the mistakes and can tell you how to side step the un-necessary ones. [Some mistakes you just have to make and then learn from all by yourself !!]
Have fun.

Boyd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boyd on 2001-11-17 14:09 ]</font>