Tim Britton / Seth Gallagher set for sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Hi Everybody,
I am selling a practice set with a chanter by Tim Britton and bag and bellows by Seth Gallagher.
The chanter is a beautiful D chanter in blackwood. This chanter is in top condition. It is fully keyed (C, Bb, G#, F) and has a stop valve on the top. It also has a wooden chanter top. The reed was made by Tim at the beginning of the summer and is in top condition.
The bag and bellows were bought from Seth about a year ago and are also in excellent shape.
The total value of this set, if it were to be bought new, would be $1965. I would like $1600 for it. I think this is a good deal considering the superb quality of this set and the length of time one would usually wait for such a set.
I'm sure you are all curious why I'm selling this set. I'm 23 years old and have been playing the whistle and flute for a number of years. Over the last couple of years I got the itch to play the pipes, and since I had the money at the time I sprung on these pipes, knowing the reputation of both makers. Since then I've really, really fell in love with the flute and decided that it is truly my instrument. I also just graduated from college and now I have to start paying rent on my new apartment beginning Nov 1, so I really need the money. I'm depressed about letting these pipes go, but I hope that they will find a new loving owner who will find great joy in them.
If you're interested in them please e-mail me at chrislaughlin@alumni.hamilton.edu and we'll work out payment and such.
All the best,
Chris