Mick O'Brien, Caoiminh Ó Raghallaigh

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
emer

Mick O'Brien, Caoiminh Ó Raghallaigh

Post by emer »

Mick O'Brien and Caoiminh Ó Raghallaigh are launching a new CD at Willy Clancy Week, it will be essential for any collection.
I saw them play together last Saturday in NPU, Henrietta Street, two hours of the best music and playing I've heard in a long time - in fact, since I saw them play there last year!
Tea and biscuits in the break as well, and all for 10 euro - not bad.
If you are in Dublin on Sunday 29th June, they are playing together in Liberty Hall at the recording of the Late Session Live Session for broadcast sometime in late Autumn.
I went last Sunday night, Liam O'Flynn with Steve Cooney - guitar - and Liam O'Connor - fiddle - TG4 Young Musician of the Year - wonderful stuff.
Pat Cannady
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Mick O'Brien, Caoiminh Ó Raghallaigh

Post by Pat Cannady »

emer wrote:Mick O'Brien and Caoiminh Ó Raghallaigh are launching a new CD at Willy Clancy Week, it will be essential for any collection.
I saw them play together last Saturday in NPU, Henrietta Street, two hours of the best music and playing I've heard in a long time - in fact, since I saw them play there last year!
Tea and biscuits in the break as well, and all for 10 euro - not bad.
If you are in Dublin on Sunday 29th June, they are playing together in Liberty Hall at the recording of the Late Session Live Session for broadcast sometime in late Autumn.
I went last Sunday night, Liam O'Flynn with Steve Cooney - guitar - and Liam O'Connor - fiddle - TG4 Young Musician of the Year - wonderful stuff.
Thanks for the heads up, Emer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the much-awaited recording of tunes from the Canon Goodman ("Tunes of the Munster Pipers") collection?

I've heard bits of this on Pat D'Arcy's site and it makes this piper's blackened and withered heart skip a beat, let me tell you :D
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

IT'S NOT THE CANON GOODMAN ONE, Iheard it last november when doing the cover photography but wasn't supposed to say anything . Very nice stuff.
Pat Cannady

Post by Pat Cannady »

Too bad. When is that one out? Any dirt?
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Pat Cannady wrote:Too bad.
That you wouldn't have said if you had heard it. Always dirt and plenty of it, but can't spill it. Although, Brian Mac is doing the second one at the minute and others are at it too.
Pat Cannady

Post by Pat Cannady »

I suppose not. A new serious trad CD featuring Mick O'Brien is definitely good news, can't wait to hear it.