How much would you sell a half set for?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Nipper

How much would you sell a half set for?

Post by Nipper »

Hi..

I have a D half set made by Brendan O'Hare from Belfast and I'm planning to sell them as I'm upgrading to a Rogge flat set. I'm wondering how much I'd get for them. The pipes are 4 years old and in excellent condition..
glands
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glands »

If in excellent condition, then why not keep them? If you need the money, then my general impression over the past 5.5 years of foolin' with Uilleann pipes is that those in excellent condition retain their value and often appreciate in value. In all likelihood, given the wait lists, you could get more for them than you paid. That's an assumption based on principles of economics.
daveboling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by daveboling »

As I'm currently looking for a half set, or a set of drones for my Howard stick, I'd be interested in getting some pictures and/or sound clips of your set if you decide to sell. Paddy Keenan tried to get rid of his full set some years ago, and went as low as two bob, but I'd be willing to go a bit higher.

Best Regards,

dave boling
tok

Post by tok »

Glands , I was lucky to get a charles roberts half set on ebay two years ago . I paid between 1400.00 and 1700.00 for them . The thing is , is that I am very happy with the set and I really like the chanter . It would be hard for me to sell the set without trying a better one first . The market is what it is though , and I think it is driven by technology . So , As a seller , find your best market , as a buyer , same thing .
tok . p.s. I did not mention the price I payed for the set , but If it is just right for you , it is priceless , at least that is my opinion .
my 2 cents $$ .
:)
sammyd

Post by sammyd »

I am also currently looking for a set of drones. I'd be interested too in seeing some pictures, or maybe a sound sample would be cool! If you decide to sell.

Samuel