Ezeedrone reed dimensions

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
joconnor58
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Not a new musician, but fairly new to the Uilleann Pipes. I am primarily a bass player, studied jazz bass in university, but also play, piano, saxophone, clarinet and drums. Looking forward to a long and happy experience with the pipes!

Ezeedrone reed dimensions

Post by joconnor58 »

Does anyone have dimensions on Ezeedrone Uilleann drone reeds. In particular, diameter at the seat(s) of the reed(s)?

Thanks in advance
Learning to breathe with my elbows.....
Mogens Hundevad

Re: Ezeedrone reed dimensions

Post by Mogens Hundevad »

Hi ! I have a set of them BASE 6,643 mm, Bariton 5,99 mm, tenor 6,06 mm (with a little tape)
Right now im am using cane reeds.
When i had to insert my tenor reed i had to remove the rubber sleve and put on a little tape to fit in the reed. I would not chagge the mouth of the drone as it would not be reversable.
Hope it helps!
Regards
Mogens
joconnor58
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Not a new musician, but fairly new to the Uilleann Pipes. I am primarily a bass player, studied jazz bass in university, but also play, piano, saxophone, clarinet and drums. Looking forward to a long and happy experience with the pipes!

Re: Ezeedrone reed dimensions

Post by joconnor58 »

Thanks. This is super helpful. I am about to start designing a set of 3d printable drones. I have dimensions to work from, but wanted to correlate the seat dimensions I have to the Ezeedrone reeds, as that's what I will use as I inevitably have to iterate and re-iterate the design. I just didn't want to have to obtain the reeds just yet.
Learning to breathe with my elbows.....