For Sale: E Regulator

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ceann Cromtha
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

For Sale: E Regulator

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

For sale: E regulator made by Nick Whitmer, solid as a rock with three reeds. Made for D/concert pitch set. I'm selling it to fund another project. Pictures, sound samples available on request. Please send me a private message if interested.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: For Sale: E Regulator

Post by rorybbellows »

Where does an E reg fit . Is it straight onto the main stock
I'm Spartacus .
Ceann Cromtha
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Yes, where the tenor regulator goes. Or, it can be mounted inboard or outboard with a connected tube.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I played my set like that for many years, with a E reg in place of the small reg in the mainstock.

It fills in the missing note of the scale playable on the lower two regs

G A B C D (E) F# G A
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Also in D scales:

D, E, F#, G and A

Some nice chords G/E, A/Eand B/E.

I have an E reg mounted inboard on my Whitmer D set. Îll try find a photo.
PJ
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

You could also try ,ert gde xyz and kpq especially in the Dorian mode transcribed over the Arian mode with a bit of improvisation, the sky's the limit unless you're an astronaut because then there's no limit.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
leemark
Tell us something.: I have recently started on the uilleann pipes, and have found this forum to be chock full of good info. I have a set of Carbony pipes.

Post by leemark »

I am interested in your E regulator. I tried posting privately but could not, probably because I am a new member of the forum.

I am also new to the pipes, having started just thus last April. I have a half set of the Carbony pipes. Nice that they are made nearby in Corvallis OR USA. I was able to pick them up from the maker, Rob Gandara, and hear him play them for a bit.

As a newbie I realize it is way too soon to start with the regulators. However, being mechanically inclined, and owning a 3d printer, I have thoughts of making a custom stock for just one regulator, allowing me to try one out without taking the plunge on a full set. Carbony is not yet offering regulators in any case.

Try posting a private reply to me?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

leemark wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:50 pm Try posting a private reply to me?
Two more approved post submissions and you'll be accorded full privileges, which include sending and receiving PMs. Until then, email must do.

The other privileges are access to the Used Instruments Exchange (UIE), and the ability to edit, within time constraints, your own posts without prior approval.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
leemark
Tell us something.: I have recently started on the uilleann pipes, and have found this forum to be chock full of good info. I have a set of Carbony pipes.

Post by leemark »

Ok. Thanks for letting me know the limitations.
leemark

Post by leemark »

Needing to post some to become a fully qualified member. Anyone else using a 3d printer to make accessories for their pipes? I printed a cap for the main stock to allow me to play with just the chanter. I sometimes fit the drones to start getting used to them, but find not having to deal with them makes practicing easier. I also have a half baked idea for making a sliding key to allow F natural to be played. Working on a prototype, not too sure my design is reasonable.
Ceann Cromtha

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

I’ll toss the other regulator (baritone, with D, G and A keys) in the deal. Like I said, I’m financing a future project/purchase.
leemark

Post by leemark »

Still for sale?
Ceann Cromtha

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Yep!
Ceann Cromtha

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Sale pending.