FS: Rogge C# 3/4 set in plum, boxwood w/ 3-keyed chanter

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
mick_bauer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

FS: Rogge C# 3/4 set in plum, boxwood w/ 3-keyed chanter

Post by mick_bauer »

Hi, all:

I'm reluctantly selling my Andreas Rogge C# 3/4 set in plum wood with boxwood mounts and a matching 3-keyed chanter with stop-key. No case is included. It was made for me in Spring 2016, plays beautifully, and is in near-mint condition.

Mostly it's been played and stored in my smoke-free, pet-fur/dander-free home. All six reeds are original and working as well as new (your climate may require one or more reeds to be adjusted).

A brand-new Rogge 3/4 flat set in this configuration costs over $8,100 USD. My asking price is $5,400 USD plus the actual cost of shipping, with insurance.

Rogge's C# sets are based on measurements taken from the Ennis/O'Flynn Coyne set; accordingly, this instrument has a warm but lively sound. Prospective buyers in or near the Twin Cities (of Minnesota, USA) are welcome to examine and play the set. I guarantee you'll find this outstanding instrument to be exactly as described above, and that it more than lives up to Herr Rogge's storied reputation!

Regards,
Mick Bauer
ennischanter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Re: FS: Rogge C# 3/4 set in plum, boxwood w/ 3-keyed chanter

Post by ennischanter »

Although I am not buying as I have a C# Rogge set on order, would you mind posting a sound sample as to give an example of what it sounds like? Anything would do. I will greatly appreciate it, many thanks.
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.
mick_bauer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Sold: Re: FS: Rogge C# 3/4 set in plum, boxwood w/ 3-keyed chanter

Post by mick_bauer »

The set has been sold!

Regards
Mick
ennischanter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Re: FS: Rogge C# 3/4 set in plum, boxwood w/ 3-keyed chanter

Post by ennischanter »

nice I'm sure they'll enjoy it
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.