Reedmaking and tone.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Re: Reedmaking and tone.

Post by oleorezinator »

rorybbellows wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:36 am I've often wondered with all other things being equal, will an instrument like pipes sound differently to the listener and player. With your body being in contact with the instrument an your location to the source of the sound, would this change how you hear the tone
RORY
An example of that was a test of saxophone volume in the heyday of theater orchestras.
Selmer, Conn, King, Buescher, Holton and Martin altos and tenors were used. Of them all
the Martins were the quietest in the orchestra pit but could be heard over the others in the back of the hall.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

It reminds me of the first time I heard a recording of my own voice. Do I really sound like that I thought and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had that reaction.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

rorybbellows wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:30 am It reminds me of the first time I heard a recording of my own voice. Do I really sound like that I thought and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had that reaction.
You're correct. We all thought that when we first heard you speak. :D
PJ