New uilleann piper with Neil O’Grady set.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Operapiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi there! Just wanted to ask some questions about uilleann piping. I’m trying to find information about my pipe maker because my set needs some serious maintenance.

New uilleann piper with Neil O’Grady set.

Post by Operapiper »

Hello everyone,
I’m an experienced highland piper currently learning to play the uilleann pipes. I was recently gifted a full set of Neil O’Grady pipes from a friend. It seems to me that they have been neglected for many years and they need a lot of love to get them fine tuned and singing again. I’ve been doing tons of research on the maker but it seems that his website is down and there’s no information on contacting him. I was wondering if anyone on this blog could help me out with providing a way to contact him. I’d really like to send my pipes to him to have some major work done on them. Thank you very much.
All the best,
Steven
an seanduine

Re: New uilleann piper with Neil O’Grady set.

Post by an seanduine »

The following is the fruit of Covid-19 boredom. Mr. O´Grady had his website up from 1992 until 2016. He appears to have handed in the making of Uilleann Pipes. He lives in Carbonear, NL, Canada. He had a telephone number on his website, and appears to have maintained it. PM me, or search the Wayback Machine for Neal O´Grady, Celtic Music Crafts.
Don´t feel too bad, the maker of my pipes seems to have handed it in as well, and was last seen in Dublin playing concertina. . . :twisted:
O´Grady also made (or makes) bodhrans. Ceolas.org list him as supplying bodhrans to Fiddler´s Green Music in Carbonear. Their number is 709-596-4277. The proprietor is Ernie Pynn. You might drop him a call.
Good luck.
Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
elbowmusic
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm back in the uilleann piping world after a ten year hiatus. Uilleann piping chops, here I come!

I'm a smallpipe and Border pipe maker and we'll just see where that leads to.

Re: New uilleann piper with Neil O’Grady set.

Post by elbowmusic »

I know Joseph Sampson has been known to reed those chanters up. You could contact him.

http://www.sampsoncane.com/

Where are you located?
-Nate Banton-
Smallpipes and Border Pipes http://www.natebanton.com