Finbar Furey Reed Making video

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
herddav
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a full set of Uilleann Pipes made in part by Kevin Thomson in Malahide Co Dublin and the drones were made by Peter Hunter Yorkshire (now sadly deceased)

Finbar Furey Reed Making video

Post by herddav »

Noticed that this has been raised before but can anyone send me the necessary link as I would love to see his methodology. Thanks in anticipation.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Re: Finbar Furey Reed Making video

Post by MichaelLoos »

PM sent.
herddav
Tell us something.: I have a full set of Uilleann Pipes made in part by Kevin Thomson in Malahide Co Dublin and the drones were made by Peter Hunter Yorkshire (now sadly deceased)

Post by herddav »

Despite having registered and logged in site tells me I am not authorised re pm’s. Don’t understand - what do I need to do?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

herddav wrote:Despite having registered and logged in site tells me I am not authorised re pm’s. Don’t understand - what do I need to do?
Read the rules, for starters. And not just you, but the people who send PMs, too.

viewtopic.php?p=1038845&f=3#p1038845

Paragraph 4. After 3 approved first posts you get full permissions. So you're good to go for PMs and the UIE, now.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
herddav

Post by herddav »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Nanohedron wrote: Read the rules, for starters. And not just you, but the people who send PMs, too.
Please don't blame me - I'm only trying to be helpful!
In the original thread I asked interested people to send me their email address.
I offer help, like it has been offered to me, but I cannot nor am I willing to control if people are new members or not - and neither will I make the download link public, after all, there probably is a reason why the video has been removed from public access.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

MichaelLoos wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Read the rules, for starters. And not just you, but the people who send PMs, too.
Please don't blame me - I'm only trying to be helpful!
Sure, I get that. But any time there's a Board issue and it's already covered by the CCCP's guidance, the mods must point it out if another member doesn't beat us to it (and they often have). Part of the unwritten contract here is that members will consult the CCCP for questions on policy - it even says, "By posting on the board, you acknowledge that you understand these principles and agree to abide by them even if you haven't read them, so you might as well read them anyway." But I think that the index alone is a good enough place to start in getting the lay of the land, because of course you can't always know at first what's going to be a matter of policy, so understandably something might not occur to you; that's why the mods repeatedly find ourselves in the position of having to remind members to at least check out the CCCP's index to get an idea of what's important on this Board.
MichelLoos wrote:In the original thread I asked interested people to send me their email address.
And how did that go?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
MichaelLoos

Post by MichaelLoos »

Nanohedron wrote: And how did that go?
Just fine! :)
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Anyone not reading the rules spends a night in the box .

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

MichaelLoos wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: And how did that go?
Just fine! :)
Which is the whole point of this exercise.
rorybbellows wrote:Anyone not reading the rules spends a night in the box .
With me. :twisted:

Masks and social distancing still apply.