Availability of VPipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Liam Learner
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I joined to hear the opinions of others on various topics concerning the uilleann pipes. I am especially interested in learning about reeds and developments in that area. I have been playing for a long time but I still struggle with getting reeds - particularly the chanter - sounding the way I would like them. I am also curious about electronic devices that imitate the pipes - Warbl etc. I may have something to offer to younger players.
Thanks

Re: Availability of VPipes

Post by Liam Learner »

Thanks again Rory for your input.
There have been over 6,500 reads of this thread to date, which would indicate that the members are interested in how it plays out. But, if it helps, I will offer a simple shortcut towards a conclusion.
If Mr Castro posts screenshots of the returned emails to me, the returned letters, or proof he ever tried to phone me I will donate the refund to a front line Covid charity of his choice. Otherwise his entire position falls apart.

It was always about more than the money.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Liam Learner wrote:There have been over 6,500 reads of this thread to date, which would indicate that the members are interested in how it plays out.
Of course, lots of folks stop and stare at car wrecks too.... :D
Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Liam Learner
Tell us something.: I joined to hear the opinions of others on various topics concerning the uilleann pipes. I am especially interested in learning about reeds and developments in that area. I have been playing for a long time but I still struggle with getting reeds - particularly the chanter - sounding the way I would like them. I am also curious about electronic devices that imitate the pipes - Warbl etc. I may have something to offer to younger players.
Thanks

Post by Liam Learner »

Hi Steve,

I think a better analogy would be the monkey in Aesop's Fables. He got caught because his fist was jammed too tight in the food jar. His instincts would not allow him to do the obvious thing - let go of the food - until it was too late, and so his fate was sealed.

And on that note I am concluding my involvement with this thread. Unless Mr Castro tries to post the (non-existant) returned emails there is no reason to keep this going. Thanks again to the readers and to the Moderator for steering me through my first ever social media experience.
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Liam Learner wrote:I think a better analogy would be the monkey in Aesop's Fables. He got caught because his fist was jammed too tight in the food jar. His instincts would not allow him to do the obvious thing - let go of the food - until it was too late, and so his fate was sealed.
No, Steve's analogy is demonstrably better.
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Or perhaps the confusion is which monkey fable. . .perhaps ´The Monkey and the Dolphin´ is the correct fable?

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi