Availability of VPipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Availability of VPipes

Post by Mr.Gumby »

My request was clear in my first post together with my willingness to help you out.
On that note it's probably time to sort this out and work towards a resolution in private.
My brain hurts

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr.Gumby wrote:
My request was clear in my first post together with my willingness to help you out.
On that note it's probably time to sort this out and work towards a resolution in private.
I would agree.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Ramon Castro
Tell us something.: fleetingly joining to attempt to right somebody who believes to have been scammed by my company
fleetingly joining to attempt to right somebody who believes to have been scammed by my company
fleetingly joining to attempt to right somebody who believes to have been scammed by my company

Post by Ramon Castro »

I couldn't agree more with you both but a resolution in private would prove difficult as it is precisely not having received replies to my emails that has brought us to this point, despite, and perhaps surprisingly, my activity and presence on FB being amply known!! All I need is for this disgruntled anonymous forum user to finally identify himself to see if indeed he is one of the two unresponsive customers I still have. The solution thereafter is very straightforward and almost instantaneous. I really can't fathom out the problem. After all, it does take two to tango!!
I will be off on travels again shortly, and, without ruling out other avenues, I very much hope that at least this part of refunding the deposit is solved ASAP.
Saludos&Sláinte
Liam Learner
Tell us something.: I joined to hear the opinions of others on various topics concerning the uilleann pipes. I am especially interested in learning about reeds and developments in that area. I have been playing for a long time but I still struggle with getting reeds - particularly the chanter - sounding the way I would like them. I am also curious about electronic devices that imitate the pipes - Warbl etc. I may have something to offer to younger players.
Thanks

Post by Liam Learner »

Well, well, well, some things are predictable.

Last night I took the advice of Mr Gumby and the Moderator. This thread had gone too deep into detail – a sense of fatigue had set in for the readers. So I decided to send my future messages privately.

Last night I sent Mr Castro a private email telling him who I am. That put him in a position to make a refund and put an end to all of this. But, and this is the telling part, I also asked him to send me a screenshot of the invoice from last year and the notification that the pipes were ready in February.

His reactiont? After receiving my email he did not reply. Instead he goes and posts in public again and states he cannot do a refund in private. What absurdity! It's the only way to do it.

All he had to do, even back in February, was go to his bank and tell them to return my money. It happens in every walk of business every day. In his own words, once he knows who I am “The solution thereafter is very straightforward and almost instantaneous.”

Now he knows clearly who I am but still, for some reason, he says he can't send a refund? Anyone who believes any of that really needs to re-read his thread. For his version of events to be believed you would have to accept that a perfectly normal purchase process had been moving along for six months then suddenly (through no fault of the seller?) the buyer's emails were blocked and his post (snail mail) returned. Then, the seller claims, all of his emails failed, then all of his phone calls failed and then his post was not delivered. Absolutely absurd.

Mr Castro, just contact your bank and tell them to refund my money (and maybe the other person you failed to deliver to). That really is 'straightforward and instantaneous'.
Ramon Castro
Tell us something.: fleetingly joining to attempt to right somebody who believes to have been scammed by my company

Post by Ramon Castro »

Mr Anonymous

Thanks you for your email which I received without a hitc. I have not unblocked anybody nor have I yet spoken to my hosting provider.

You obviously wish to continue hiding behind your false name on this forum, it would have been so easy to just let me know, but you knew that your email worked perfectly well and just wanted to try and make a scene.

It is clear to all that you have not been transparent or forthcoming in your dealings here and your arguments are flawed, that much is obvious.

Yet you are still trying to muddy the waters, even now. I posted my comment yesterday mid afternoon and your email, which was received, as I said, without a hitch was sent only today at 00.38.

I have replied to your email and have requested your bank account number as it does not appear on the online statement I have and there is no tool to do automatic refunds. I have attached a screen capture.

I have also attached a copy of both invoices, the email with the final invoice and the last email reminder I sent you in March.

I hope this at least solves the refund issue for now and I will be looking at resolving the other matters in due course.

Ramon (vPipes)
Liam Learner
Tell us something.: I joined to hear the opinions of others on various topics concerning the uilleann pipes. I am especially interested in learning about reeds and developments in that area. I have been playing for a long time but I still struggle with getting reeds - particularly the chanter - sounding the way I would like them. I am also curious about electronic devices that imitate the pipes - Warbl etc. I may have something to offer to younger players.
Thanks

Post by Liam Learner »

This farce has gone on long enough. Let's end it now.

For some bizarre reason Mr Castro, claims he cannot send me a refund until I come on C&F and publicaly announce who I am – even though he has all of my details. There is absolutely no logic to that but I am no longer going to play his games.

The reason I held back my name was because I did not wish to complicate this thread by side-tracking it into which of the two of us knows the most people.

So, my name is Billy Browne (as he well knows). I have been in the piping world since the 1970s. I founded the London Pipers Club in 1980 and gave lessons there for 10 years. At this stage I have been teaching the pipes for 40 years. I was on the committee of Na Píobairí Uilleann for several years and I was a teacher at the Willie Clancy School for even longer. I am still teaching the pipes here in Ireland.

I could give you a huge list of personal friends from the piping world who would vouch for me but I won't drag them into this. And, do you know why? It is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand – Mr Castro not returning deposits when he has no pipes to sell.

I have bought and sold pipes a few sets of pipes over the last 45 years including transactions to Australia, the USA, the UK and Ireland. But I have never once had to deal with stuff like this. By your own admission, Mr Castro, you have held on to deposits and not supplied pipes at least twice this year. You knew all along who I was but you posted everything and anything to stall paying me back. And, even today, you blabber on about 'two to tango' instead of doing what is your legal duty. Paying people back their money.
Now that you know all about me and my piping history can you please tell the readers how it makes the blindest bit of difference to paying my refund.
Ramon Castro

Post by Ramon Castro »

Only since this morning have I had confirmation of who you are, after all, you sent me an email which arrived without a hitch. I don't know if it is my written English or not, but I clearly requested your bank account number, simple and straightforward.
I asked you to identify yourself many times for obvious reasons and as you said your emails were irredemiably blocked by me and you decided not to contact me through FB, there didn't seem to be any alternative but to do it here, after all I'm not too good on telepathy, but I'm working on it. So just send me your IBAN so that I can issues instructions to the bank.
Ramon Castro

Post by Ramon Castro »

I still have not received your email.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Hey, will you guys get a room!

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Ramon Castro

Post by Ramon Castro »

:oops: :lol:
Ramon Castro

Post by Ramon Castro »

Sorry Rory, you're right of course.

Mind you, i'm still awaiting a reply and i'm off out to sea again in a few hours!!!
Ramon Castro

Post by Ramon Castro »

Just to conclude this whole unsavoury saga, the deposit was refunded a few minutes ago by bank transfer.

I hope I didn't bore you all too much...

All the best and Happy Piping!!

Saludos&Sláinte
Liam Learner
Thanks

Post by Liam Learner »

More of the same.
No refund received.
This guy is unbelievable - in every sense of the meaning.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Bank transfers can sometimes take a few days to show in your account

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Liam Learner
Thanks

Post by Liam Learner »

True.
But I just checked with my bank and they told me the details Mr Castro asked for are insufficient to
perform an international transfer. No money has left his account.
Than could make things take longer than a few days.