Reed making and who is jimmy cartner

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Reedmaker
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am uilleann pipes reed maker and make them for a few semi pro Pipers! The reeds I make are of very good quality after I have done the final voicing of the reeds, I am also friends with a top quality bellows maker.

Reed making and who is jimmy cartner

Post by Reedmaker »

Hi all
I was reading the comments from 2006 when Fred Morrison was launching his uilleann pipes and it was at that time I was making the reeds for them but as with all things in the business of reed making there is always someone who has the capability to make them for less than normal reed makers can?
However on the forum I noticed my name as the reed maker for Fred Morrison uilleann pipes which was at that time accurate and Fred was playing my reeds with his williams chanter at that Time anyway someone asked WHO IS Jimmy Cartner? Well I am just a normal guy from Ayrshire Scotland who found his way into uilleann piping just like almost every other person out there at a time where you could not get a good quality set or the help to play them except for a few videos? Well my perseverance is my huge asset although almost 64 years of age I have spent the past 20 years trying to learn to play uilleann pipes with some success after playing highland pipes from the teder age of 8 years old it helped me on that journey but along the way i discovered i had the ability to be a better reed maker than a player although I could play the crap out of a set of highland pipes I wanted to concentrate on the uilleann pipes reed making and tomorrow I have 2 absolutely fantastic uilleann pipers coming to my workshop to learn to make reeds for the full day and the best part of that is it is my reeds they play in their chanters which range from a Dave Williams chanter, Roggie, coulter, O'Hare, galloway chanters and I do not charge these guys? I have always been a great believer that knowledge in music should be passed on to those who really want to learn and most of all to those unable to afford it which i had all through my highland piping carreer of 40 odd years so for anyone who asks who is jimmy cartner i am on Facebook
As Jim cartner and on YouTube although not a great player but a genuine guy with a passion for passing on my knowledge? That is who I am !