Paddy O'Hare

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
An Tarbh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann Pipes Fanatic... Terrible Player... Banjo Player originally, sickened I didn't start on the pipes from day one...

Paddy O'Hare

Post by An Tarbh »

Hi All,

I really don't want to be doing this but I feel like I have to. I paid Paddy for spruce back in April, sent him a couple of messages via Facebook in May when it wasn't received. I got a reply on 19th May apologising and that it will be posted on the following Monday. The delay had been to a leak and the spruce had been damaged.

No sign of it arriving, so I sent 5 Facebook messages, 2 emails and a message through his website since and all have been ignored.

Not a huge amount of money at all, and it usually would have bothered me to have been stung for a small few Bob, but I just heard that it has happened to a friend as well.

It's bad form, and I wouldn't want anyone else to be caught like i did. I'll state for the record that it's less than €60 im talking about, so it's definitely not the money that annoys me.

Sorry for the rant!

Thanks
Tarbh
ausdag
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Paddy O'Hare

Post by ausdag »

Exactly the same thing happened to me...placed order...payment sent. Time passed by and no spruce. Multiple Facebook messages sent and ignored, just asking for a simple confirmation that spruce had been posted.

Finally a response with the leaky workshop story and a promise that a new batch was ready to send. Once again, time passed, no spruce, messages sent, messages ignored.

Fortunately I had paid through PayPal so I opened a case and they came to the party with a full refund.

It's a shame since he was very rapid in sending me his reedmaking manual a few years ago.
David (ausdag) Goldsworthy
http://ozuilleann.weebly.com/
An Tarbh
Tell us something.: Uilleann Pipes Fanatic... Terrible Player... Banjo Player originally, sickened I didn't start on the pipes from day one...

Post by An Tarbh »

I paid through PayPal but made the mistake of giving him the benefit of the doubt so didn't open a case with them. Tried to do it last week and the option to so that is gone since it has been so long since the original transaction.

Ah look, it's a pity this has happened and I'd rather not slate someone publicly because things happen in life that could be out of character. I don't know what's going on in his life so is rather this not go any further on here. This is just a heads up to everyone really.

Funny line from Jack Handy:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Thanks
Tarbh
An Tarbh

Post by An Tarbh »

Update. I've received my money back from Paddy. He apologised and refunded the money back through PayPal.

Tarbh
iain beag
Tell us something.: I play various instruments, Highland pipes, Border pipes, uilleann pipes, smallpipes, flute (badly) and trying to learn mandolin.

Post by iain beag »

Same here, no spruce and no refund. :(
I've tried email and messenger but no reply, not a huge amount of money lost but certainly annoying.
Iain
ceoltas
Tell us something.: I have been playing Uilleann pipes and low whistles for quite a few years now. I often browse the forum but have never registered til now.

Post by ceoltas »

see discussion on the session discussions 'local knowledge':-
/26077#comment856430
and try the uilleann piping facebook forum which helped me come to a resolution with Paddy.
An Tarbh

Post by An Tarbh »

ceoltas wrote:see discussion on the session discussions 'local knowledge':-
/26077#comment856430
and try the uilleann piping facebook forum which helped me come to a resolution with Paddy.
Thanks Ceoltas, I got sorted with him after I put up this notice, not happy at all but from what I've seen, there's people worse off than me!

Thanks.
Tarbh