It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Paddy O'Hare
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:46 pm 

Hi All,

I really don't want to be doing this but I feel like I have to. I paid Paddy for spruce back in April, sent him a couple of messages via Facebook in May when it wasn't received. I got a reply on 19th May apologising and that it will be posted on the following Monday. The delay had been to a leak and the spruce had been damaged.

No sign of it arriving, so I sent 5 Facebook messages, 2 emails and a message through his website since and all have been ignored.

Not a huge amount of money at all, and it usually would have bothered me to have been stung for a small few Bob, but I just heard that it has happened to a friend as well.

It's bad form, and I wouldn't want anyone else to be caught like i did. I'll state for the record that it's less than €60 im talking about, so it's definitely not the money that annoys me.

Sorry for the rant!

Thanks
Tarbh

Post subject: Re: Paddy O'Hare
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:40 pm 

Exactly the same thing happened to me...placed order...payment sent. Time passed by and no spruce. Multiple Facebook messages sent and ignored, just asking for a simple confirmation that spruce had been posted.

Finally a response with the leaky workshop story and a promise that a new batch was ready to send. Once again, time passed, no spruce, messages sent, messages ignored.

Fortunately I had paid through PayPal so I opened a case and they came to the party with a full refund.

It's a shame since he was very rapid in sending me his reedmaking manual a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:57 am 

I paid through PayPal but made the mistake of giving him the benefit of the doubt so didn't open a case with them. Tried to do it last week and the option to so that is gone since it has been so long since the original transaction.

Ah look, it's a pity this has happened and I'd rather not slate someone publicly because things happen in life that could be out of character. I don't know what's going on in his life so is rather this not go any further on here. This is just a heads up to everyone really.

Funny line from Jack Handy:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

Thanks
Tarbh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:05 pm 

Update. I've received my money back from Paddy. He apologised and refunded the money back through PayPal.

Tarbh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:24 am 

Same here, no spruce and no refund. :(
I've tried email and messenger but no reply, not a huge amount of money lost but certainly annoying.
Iain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 am 

see discussion on the session discussions 'local knowledge':-
/26077#comment856430
and try the uilleann piping facebook forum which helped me come to a resolution with Paddy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:31 pm 

ceoltas wrote:
see discussion on the session discussions 'local knowledge':-
/26077#comment856430
and try the uilleann piping facebook forum which helped me come to a resolution with Paddy.

Thanks Ceoltas, I got sorted with him after I put up this notice, not happy at all but from what I've seen, there's people worse off than me!

Thanks.
Tarbh