Song of the Sea Uilleann Whistle Chanter

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
stromeyer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've played bagpipes since I was a kid, now study harp as well. Worked with the whistle maker Chris Abell many years ago. I collect molds, spores, and fungus (mostly in my pipes).

Song of the Sea Uilleann Whistle Chanter

Post by stromeyer »

Recently found in the back depths of a closet - Song of the Sea uilleann whistle practice chanter and add-on drone.

It was a gift from a friend and as such I would happily pass it on to whomever might like it (free of charge). First come, first serve. The one thing I will ask is if you are asking me to ship it outside the USA, I might ask you to pay the shipping.

To be clear - in my humble opinion I would say that this "instrument" is definitely not the right way for a newbie/beginner to start the uilleann pipes. More of a novelty or a fun whistle to mess around with. Without the bellows and bag (and of course those damnable reeds), you simply won't get the coordination needed for the real instrument.

All the best,
-Willie Stromeyer
stromeyer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've played bagpipes since I was a kid, now study harp as well. Worked with the whistle maker Chris Abell many years ago. I collect molds, spores, and fungus (mostly in my pipes).

Re: Song of the Sea Uilleann Whistle Chanter

Post by stromeyer »

Things move quickly around here, whistle has been claimed.