Jim Daily Glasgow

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Jon Do
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Picked up my pipes again end of last year having laid them down for a bit. Trying to link up with old piping buddies in Scotland ... and make new ones too.

Jim Daily Glasgow

Post by Jon Do »

Hello all,

Trying to hook up with Jim Daily, an old pal who made my first set of pipes. Does anyone know if Jim is still with us and if so how to contact him?

Ta,
M
PeterPiper
Tell us something.: Love playing pipes Uilleann and Highland . Also play jazz on saxophone . I have ben playing Oboe sax and clarinet for about lo years and pipes for about 10. I am not a great piper but love playing through celtic books and si reading is demanding and enjoyable to me. I live on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

Re: Jim Daily Glasgow

Post by PeterPiper »

I know he had a son promoting his pipes and he won a big honor piping on his special style of pipes. Maybe this could help track him or his son down.
Jon Do
Tell us something.: Picked up my pipes again end of last year having laid them down for a bit. Trying to link up with old piping buddies in Scotland ... and make new ones too.

Post by Jon Do »

Hi All,

For those of you in Glasgow/Scotland/Beyond who knew Jim, sadly he passed away recently and his funeral service will be at Maryhill Crematorium in Glasgow on Wednesday 8th January 2020 at 15:00hrs.

Slan go foil,

M
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steampacket »

Sorry to hear about Jim Daily passing. My condolences to his family and friends. We met Jim in Miltown a few years ago in a session with Billy McCormick and his friends. A nice man. I remember he had an odd set of pipes he'd made with him