Bought a new case for my pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Pyper
antispam: No

Bought a new case for my pipes

Post by Pyper »

I wore out my last case, which was a bass clarinet case. I wanted a nice backpack case, and was looking at cases from Fusion.
I ended up buying the trombone 9.5" case. It fits everything. Bellows, full D set, without having to take the bass drone off. I haven't put my C set in, but I'm sure it will fit with the bass drone end off.
My bass reg on my D set is a Talyor style, and the C set bass reg comes off, so I don't know if sets with a regular bass reg bar would fit, but it may.
I haven't flown with it yet. The bass clarinet case fit on the plane. This new one would hog the overhead compartment.a little.
It's a sweet case though. It has a rain cover, and nice handles. The back pack straps are very nice too. Lots of pockets for whistles, and stuff.
I wanted the tenor sax case by Fusion, but was concerned about the size.
Has anyone else tried the Fusion cases?
So far I like it very much! :D
liestman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Bought a new case for my pipes

Post by liestman »

Yes, I use a Fusion tenor ukulele case for a full D Taylor style set with folded back bass reg and love it. I have two other fusion cases (all are the top of their line, not the flimsier lower models) and am very happy with them.
yer friend and mine,
John Liestman
Pyper

Post by Pyper »

I never though about the Ukulele case! It looks like a nice size.
Better price than the trombone case too. I should find out how to post pictures here, so I can show how mine looks with the pipes in them.
dyersituations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by dyersituations »

Pyper wrote:I should find out how to post pictures here, so I can show how mine looks with the pipes in them.
I'm curious to see your case solution. Post photos here by first uploading to a free photo hosting site then using the [img] tags.
Life is good.
Pyper

Post by Pyper »

I'll get pictures up tomorrow! Working today.