FS: Bruce Childress 3/4 Set in D.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
novice_piper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an amateur piper who wishes to advance my playing and network with other pipers both in the US and abroad.

FS: Bruce Childress 3/4 Set in D.

Post by novice_piper »

I'm offering up for sale my Bruce Childress 3/4 set in concert pitch. I had previously learned how to play on a flat set and tried to make the transition to D. However, though I gave it a good run, these pipes are not a fit for me. as much as I hate to part with them, I would rather them go to someone who will play them than see them collect dust. The materials are cocobolo, artificial ivory, and brass. The chanter is vibrant, the drones are robust and stable. Set is like new and barely used as I took delivery of them in March 2018. I'm asking $5,000 firm, no trades. Please PM me if interested.

Photos can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 5108110721
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS: Bruce Childress 3/4 Set in D.

Post by An Draighean »

How is the main stock tied into the bag? Photo makes it look very unusual.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
novice_piper
Tell us something.: I am an amateur piper who wishes to advance my playing and network with other pipers both in the US and abroad.

Post by novice_piper »

Hi, the mainstock isn't tied into the bag directly. It sits in a cup with an offset tube which is tied into the bag. Bruce believes that this aids in correctly positioning the drones and regulators, but if requested I am certain he would be willing to accommodate a more conventional setup.
novice_piper

Post by novice_piper »

The pipes have sold. Thank you for your consideration.