Looking for Geoff Wooff C drones+regs

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Looking for Geoff Wooff C drones+regs

Post by ChristianRo »

Do I have your attention? Well, then. I am looking for drones, mainstock + regs in C to compliment my gorgeous Geoff Wooff C chanter. Made by Geoff himself or other reputable maker with similar approach/sound. I am not naive and I know they are rare, but I know at least one piper nearby who owns a Wooff C and doesn't play it - but does not want to part with it... A fellow Chiffer suceeded in sourcing a Wooff Narrow D some time ago, so why not try my luck? Serious offers welcome. Will travel if the right offer comes along. Contact via PM or E-Mail at christianATroch-textDOTde. Thanks for watching :)
Christian
JordanMcConnell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Primarily a guitar player and also play pipes.
I have a Joe Kennedy full set in D, with a B set on the way.

Re: Looking for Geoff Wooff C drones+regs

Post by JordanMcConnell »

Since you mentioned other reputable makers I would suggest talking to Joe Kennedy. He’s taking on new work now and his recent sets that I have seen are stunning. I played a brand new B set of his last month when I was visiting his shop and would have bought it on the spot if it wasn’t already spoken for. His C sets are top notch and I’m sure he could make you something that would compliment your chanter perfectly.
Jordan
patrick Jacob

Post by patrick Jacob »

Hi Christian !

Good to hear you are looking for a C set by Geoff Wooff. I hope you find a nice one, but if you don't find one, I would suggest Derrick Gleeson as he makes pipes as Geoff Wooff does.

Groeten

Patrick
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Thanks for your thumbs-up, guys. Still open for suggestions. Patrick, you know I envy you, and if you weren't such a nice bloke and class musician, I would not hesitate to visit your home someday after dark with a nice crowbar :D
Christian
patrick Jacob

Post by patrick Jacob »

ChristianRo wrote:Thanks for your thumbs-up, guys. Still open for suggestions. Patrick, you know I envy you, and if you weren't such a nice bloke and class musician, I would not hesitate to visit your home someday after dark with a nice crowbar :D
:thumbsup:
patrick Jacob

Post by patrick Jacob »

ChristianRo wrote: but I know at least one piper nearby who owns a Wooff C and doesn't play it - but does not want to part with it...
That doesn't sound good to me. Those sets deserve to be played. But unfortunately this will not be the only one.....
geoff wooff

Post by geoff wooff »

The C sets I've made are almost all in the hands of those I made them for, very rarely have they changed hands unless the original owner died... but yes there must be a few that are not being played. They have almost all been full sets so finding someone willing to sell the body only is a long shot.

Christian,
the last person who put up a ' wanted' request here did get a set, as you know, but as I'm told, it arrived with no original reeds and took me a long month to re-reed and restore.... so, factor the possible cost of that into what you'll need to spend.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Ah sure Geoff, would you not just knock him up some drones and regs some afternoon when you've nothin to do .

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Always worth asking. Autumn 2017 I asked as a matter of interest after a Dave Williams full set in D, and got a reply from Norway from a piper offering to sell his set at price way under the market value. At the same time as I got that offer, the maker of a set of drones and regs I had on order wrote to say they would soon be ready. So you never know
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

As Steampacket says, why not try? Besides, I wrote that I am open for other suggestions, too.
@Rory: Well, my hopes aren't too high.
@Geoff: Thanks for the hint, I will take this into consideration. Might reduce the abundance of offers I have gotten so far (only joking).
Christian
ashley3

Post by ashley3 »

Pm sent
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

There’s a Full C set on the NPU classified ads.
PJ