Chiff and Fipple Forums
http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/

What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!
http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=106793
Page 2 of 2

Author:  an seanduine [ Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

rgouette wrote:
In addition to the astute observations put forth thus far, I offer up this
rare photo of the only bagpipe native and indigenous to the USA:

Image


@rgouette. . .I was once part of a team making 'pipes' like the ones you pictured. . .in 6 inch diameter stainless steel. . .eight sets, for the diesel powerplant of Maui Electric. I wonder in what key that chorus would play?
Bob :D

Author:  rgouette [ Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

an seanduine wrote:
. . .in 6 inch diameter stainless steel. . .eight sets, for the diesel powerplant of Maui Electric. I wonder in what key that chorus would play?
Bob :D



6" !!
whoa

wide bore!!
:lol:

Author:  oleorezinator [ Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

geoff wooff wrote:

There are about 10 different French bagpipes, most if not all are currently played.

A U.S. pipemaker once told me that
France had 40 different subtypes.

Author:  geoff wooff [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

oleorezinator wrote:
geoff wooff wrote:

There are about 10 different French bagpipes, most if not all are currently played.

A U.S. pipemaker once told me that
France had 40 different subtypes.


Could be true too. Depends how one counts them... or, if you like, one has nothing better to do :lol:

Many years ago, at a "bagpipes" weekend in Australia , one of the makers came up with (invented) a bagpipe that could have been made in another galaxy. This was after a thought by my 5 year old son who'd asked the question " what type of pipes do they play on other planets dad?" Some children were listening to this interstella pipe and got bored when one of their number said " hey guys there's an even more stupid instrument over there!"... he was pointing to a fella playing the GHB's and wearing a kilt.... we all cracked up and could not stop laughing for a while.... out of the mouths of babes, eh ? !

Author:  PCL [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

Australia's own, the dagpipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVJ2bhyBeEQ

Author:  rgouette [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

Quote:
when one of their number said " hey guys there's an even more stupid instrument over there!"... he was pointing to a fella playing the GHB's and wearing a kilt.... we all cracked up and could not stop laughing for a while.... out of the mouths of babes, eh ? !


:lol:

Author:  AaronFW [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

In case you missed it, over on the flute forum Terry McGee posted an old photo of his impromptu uilleann whistle: (read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1202380#p1202380)

Image

Author:  rgouette [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

AaronFW wrote:
In case you missed it, over on the flute forum Terry McGee posted an old photo of his impromptu uilleann whistle: (read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1202380#p1202380)

Image




puts me i mind of Bruce Childress years back, hooking up pipes to O2 at a tionol...
I wasn't there, but the pics & clip were a hoot..

Author:  bensdad [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

What if it were helium?

Author:  rgouette [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

bensdad wrote:
What if it were helium?

whoops
ummm I meant helium..
:oops:
Image

Author:  Nanohedron [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

geoff wooff wrote:
..." what type of pipes do they play on other planets dad?"

Why, the Alien Pipes, of course.

Author:  rgouette [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

Nanohedron wrote:
geoff wooff wrote:
..." what type of pipes do they play on other planets dad?"

Why, the Alien Pipes, of course.




"Yoo' Lian", "Ale' ian"...

let us count the ways...

Author:  ennischanter [ Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are Uilleann pipes? finally we know!

Oooh boy

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/