Marc van Daal full B-set for sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
abalfoort
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've have played the Uilleann pipes for a while but now that I have small children I found I hardly ever have time (or energy) to play. So, I'm looking for a buyer for my Marc van Daal full B-set.

Marc van Daal full B-set for sale

Post by abalfoort »

Description
This set is a full B-set by Marc van Daal. The chanter is fully keyed and the set comes in a hard case.
This unique set is an outstanding showcase of Marc's craftsmanship. The main stock is a hollow main stock made from African black wood. All key work is hand forged silver plated brass and together with the flawless African black wood it makes this set one of the most attractive sets I've ever seen.

This set is brand new and it has been recently serviced by Marc himself. The bag has been seasoned, it has five new reeds and it was completely tuned.

This is a great opportunity if you want a quality B-set and you don't even have to wait years for it until it's finished!

If you want to know more about Marc's work, go and check his site: http://uilleann.net

Condition
This set is brand new: it was built a few years ago but hardly ever used.

Any issues
None whatsoever.

Materials the item is made from
African black wood and silver plated brass.

Reason for sale
I want to buy a drum set and drum classes for my daughter.

Asking price
€ 6000,00 - [buyer pays shipping & insurance]

Contact
Arjen Balfoort at arjenbalfoort@solydxk.com

Photos and audio sample
You can download photos and an audio sample here.
abalfoort
Tell us something.: I've have played the Uilleann pipes for a while but now that I have small children I found I hardly ever have time (or energy) to play. So, I'm looking for a buyer for my Marc van Daal full B-set.

Re: Marc van Daal full B-set for sale

Post by abalfoort »

It seems I cannot edit my own post :(

To be concise with my other classifieds I lower the asking price to €5000,--
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Regarding the inability to edit, you probably need to have a certain number of posts on the forum before certain functions become available (PM, etc.). I think it was a measure introduced to prevent spambots from polluting the threads.
PJ
abalfoort

Post by abalfoort »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

I would like to remove this classified but I am unable remove a topic nor edit the OP.
How can I achieve this?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

abalfoort wrote:I would like to remove this classified but I am unable remove a topic nor edit the OP.
How can I achieve this?
Your OP is almost two years old, so that alone is one of the reasons you can't edit or delete it. Contrary to PJ's guess above, newbie status has nothing to do with the ability to edit. All this information, and more, is available to you in the CCCP (← click). It's at the top of every forum's index page, and essential reading if you want to get a grip on how things work at C&F. It's not that much of a slog to read, and it's indexed so you can easily find what you're looking for if you want to stick to specifics. Failing that, you can always contact a mod. We're here to help.

The best thing, if the set is no longer for sale, is to simply submit a new post on the same thread saying that the set is no longer for sale. Or if you're changing the price, same thing. Or maybe you just want to remind people that it's still for sale. All that is fine, and such postings are the usual practice around here. A new post brings the thread to the top of the list, and that way the change is brought to people's attention, rather than staying buried among two-year-old material that might otherwise never be noticed. If for some reason you wanted the topic to remain buried, a moderator could have edited it for you, but it's a bit late for that now that you have revived this thread yourself. Might as well post again here, and let us know what's up.

As for removing the topic, we would need some very good reasons for it. Normally we don't do that.

Also, with three first posts completed you are now granted full permissions so you don't need prior approval for your subsequent posts, and are good to go. That is also in the CCCP.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician